Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody tried these Drip EZ prep tubs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody tried these Drip EZ prep tubs?

Seems like a good idea, but I'm wondering if the bases and the silicon sides could really hold up to knife usage.

Drip EZ™ is the leader in creative and practical pellet grill and BBQ accessories. We make innovative products that are safe, smart and convenient! Our growing line of Drip EZ™ products are all created with you, the end user, in mind.

Interesting. Tempted to buy 3 right now. My biggest pan I use is 21x15.

got 3 on the way

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Waiting for your review.

Neat idea.

Comment

Cool idea. But I too wonder about durability with knife usage.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Regardless of durability, if you buy 3 that should last 3x longer than just 1.

Jerod Broussard I just tried to buy 3 and this was my experience. Did you encounter the same thing?

Note I sent to them on their contact us page...

I want to buy 3 prep tubs with the 3rd at 50% off. When I add them to the cart, the cart shows the proper pricing with one of them at 50% off. But when I try to check out the 3rd tub disappears and it only shows 2 at full price. Between the cart and the checkout process, the 3rd tub disappears from the transaction. I have tried this on both Chrome and Safari and it happens in both browsers.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Editing a comment
        Mine shows 2 tubs at regular price and 1 tub discounted. I ordered on my Phone Android with Chrome.

• GolfGeezer
        GolfGeezer commented
        Editing a comment
        mgood777 Their website has a pretty clear description of how they apply the discount:

"FALL SALE! Buy 2 Get 3rd at 50% OFF! (Discount at Checkout after placing 3 Prep Tubs in Cart)"

I have the same material but in a configuration that fits over my dual-kitchen sink, and the expanding part is a colander. I really like it but forget to use it a lot, and I don't think it would stand up to the knives I have. But they would be great to have anyway.

(but I've gone into Harbor Freight and said "I'll take one of everything")

Comment

But but but, it's not as big as the packer brisket! Still drips on the counter. [scratches head]. I love the idea of it, but I think I would want one 3 or 4" longer.

Comment

The problem with multi-task things like this is they do everything a little bit, but don't do anything as well as their single task equivalents. I have cutting boards and I have tubs and they work just fine. The two together probably don't cost as much as this alone either. It's like a Swiss Army knife. They're neat, they do a little bit of everything, but they don't do anything well.

Comment

This is a good idea. Love to hear some reviews from y’all when you get them.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
              Editing a comment
              I'll check back. I'd like to keep two as just trimming tubs and storage tubs after trimming and then have one for dedicated slicing

I was going to order one but the boss just said "We already have too many 'what nots' ". I love the idea. I should have been browsing at a different time.

Comment

Does anyone actually have any feedback on these after using them? I always thought it was a clever idea.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Editing a comment
                I use them. Great for trimming meat then pulling up the sides and sticking in the fridge. Also used with my bacon curing. Store nicely.

• HawkerXP
                HawkerXP commented
                Editing a comment
                Ooops. I guess I got my answer Jerod Broussard

These are great for brisket from a transportation perspective. When you got 20 pound briskets they barely fit on my 21" stainless pan, so trimming is no go. I can carry 56 pounds of brisket in these things. I line them with tub liners. Love the collapsible capabilities for storage.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here