Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bbq gloves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bbq gloves?

Hello everyone
    Anybody own a decent pair of rubberized gloves/the kind you can flip things on the grill and handle cuts of meat onto and off of the smoker with a little heat resistance? I was totally disappointed in a pair of silicone gloves I just got. I would also caution against those. The worst part of the silicone gloves is once you feel the heat (and that doesn't take long at all) the pain doesn't go away when you put down the hot object, it stays!
    Thanks!

I've gone through the same thing... purchased a pair of "grill gloves" and was completely disappointed in them. Found a pair that I'm happy with:

Comment

• mhalbrook
      mhalbrook commented
      Editing a comment
      Had those, were a pain to take off when they got slick with fat.

I have the "Professional BBQ Gloves" from here: http://www.texasbbqrub.com/shopping.html

$12 w/free shipping. I use them a ton - great for scooping pork butt off the grill and even for pulling the pork later on.

Comment

I have those insulated numbers that Brian linked above. Only problem is when the wife washed them and gets the inside WET.

Comment

I use a pair of welding gloves. Not the most nimble gloves, but they do handle high heat for a few minutes. Can't hold an 800 degree cast-iron frying pan very long, though. Good for turning skewers.

Here's the link. Don't want to get them wet!

--Ed

Comment

The kind I have don't seem to be on Amazon anymore, but they're similar to this: http://www.amazon.com/Wells-Lamont-1...R49T5PAR3FSDC3

There are some in the "customers also bought" section that are about $5 which I bet will be just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            I use a pair of welding gloves. Not the most nimble gloves, but they do handle high heat for a few minutes. Can't hold an 800 degree cast-iron frying pan very long, though. Good for turning skewers.

Here's the link. Don't want to get them wet!

--Ed
            I use a cheap pair of welding gloves from Horrible Freight to move hot non-food stuff around. They work so well, way better than 2nd degree burns.
            Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

Comment

• Medusa
              Medusa commented
              Editing a comment
              Hehehheh - Horrible Freight...

I have the $12 ones from Texasbbqrub mentioned above. They work well. I would definitely buy them again!

Comment

Thanks very much everyone for the replies and help!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here