Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilltastic Grill Steam Cleaner Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilltastic Grill Steam Cleaner Review

My dear sweet wife must actually listen to me sometimes... she’d heard me mention I needed a new grill grate cleaner, and she knows I visit AR for reviews, so she jumped on herself and found Meathead ‘s review and platinum award of the Grilltastic steam cleaner and snatched it up for Father’s Day. I can certainly say I would never have splurged ($99) for a cleaner like this, so it was a nice surprise.

This morning I finally put it to use for the first time. The cord was plenty long for me (10-12 ft I’d guess) and allowed me to plug it in on the screened in porch and use it on the attached deck without requiring an extension cord. Setup is pretty straightforward - plug the brush attachment in, fill with water, plug it in, press a button for steam.

Here’s a "before" pic of the Easy Spin grate on my 26” kettle, which was not preheated prior to cleaning. I sometimes leave it in a toddler pool filled with water & Dawn liquid soap overnight then scrub, but this had been pressure washed ~2 months ago when I did the rest of the deck:

Click image for larger version

Name:	4C114F43-DCF5-4D86-9E4A-B8DF5B2521AA.jpeg
Views:	263
Size:	329.2 KB
ID:	883031

The instructions say it takes ~30 seconds before it’s ready to roll, so I gave it that and started scrubbing. At first I was disappointed to see a bit of water dripping into the kettle, but that didn’t last long - when it got rolling it produced a significant amount of steam with no dripping. Cool. I disagree with the review’s assertion that a tank of water will last several cleanings as I had to refill after covering the area outside the SNS. That said, it’s quite easy to refill and didn’t require any additional time to continue producing the needed steam. That 2nd tank was enough to finish this grate and clean the grate on my Bronco. A little elbow grease is required but not much, and it’s tough to clean all the way to the edges. But after just ~10 min I was pretty surprised at how clean the grate was!

Name:	EEC4CC7C-1163-439B-9A41-D4A90BC5BF1F.jpeg
Views:	239
Size:	299.4 KB
ID:	883030

I didn’t find any wire bristles left behind, but still plan to always give it a once over with some newspaper or something. Here’s a shot of the tool on the 26” grate for reference:

Name:	B65D72DE-D5DA-4904-9858-8C74B6ABDAB8.jpeg
Views:	242
Size:	276.7 KB
ID:	883029

And a close up of the grill brush afterwards. It’s dishwasher safe which is a plus. I suspect it’ll need replacement after maybe a year and haven’t bothered to check on the price of that part yet.

Name:	AD2A85D9-AE20-46E6-A485-01592D6CEB6F.jpeg
Views:	345
Size:	266.8 KB
ID:	883028

All in all, pretty happy. Don’t recommend pumping loads of steam all around in the dog days of a humid Carolina summer, I was drenched, but it’ll be nice to use in December!

I like mine. Once you start using it regularly, the grate gets cleaner faster. Where I like it best is around the edges, the last couple inches. I like seeing that metal shine from end to end, all the way out to the perimeter.

Its size can make storing it problematic. That son of a gun is BIG, like as long as your arm.

Like you, I got mine as a gift; I wouldn’t have spent $100 on a grill cleaner, either. But as such, it is a great gift. While I wouldn’t spend $100 on it, I’m not selling it for $100 either. I like having it. It’s a good "ask" when someone wants to know what you want.

Comment

• FishTalesNC
      FishTalesNC commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree 100%! I do tend to let my grates go and hit it with a char gone and call it good. This may change my approach tho... was happy to get it this clean since I’m dropping my Frogmat on and smoking veggies for salsa in a bit.

I wonder how its works on rebar?

Comment

• FishTalesNC
      FishTalesNC commented
      Editing a comment
      😂 only one way to find out! Come to think of it... I’ll use this on my Bronco meat hangers next time!

There y’all go again. I might need this. I was thinking for the porcelain covered grates on the Primo.

Comment

MAS! MAS! MAS!

Comment

https://amazingribs.com/grilltastic-...ill-brush-ever

Comment

• FishTalesNC
          FishTalesNC commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, I linked to it in my original post. That’s the review that promoted my wife to get it for Father’s Day! 👍🏻

Damn! That's shiny! Need some shades!

Comment

I haven’t seen that before - Thanks for the review! Do you feel it will be your only grill brush moving forward? Seems like this gets in between the grates well.

I have a steaming brush that is made out of fire hydrant hose. My buddy got it for me for my birthday last year. You dunk it in water for a few seconds, then hit the hot grill with it and repeat, keeping the steam going. I was skeptical at first, but it does help with cleaning the gunk. So, I have two brushes, the circular wire type that does well for the hard crust and then the steamer. Between the two, they work well. But nice to see another option out there.

Name:	526AB4C4-B010-47B3-BAD4-F4681BC3A25A.png
Views:	186
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	883735

Comment

• FishTalesNC
            FishTalesNC commented
            Editing a comment
            barelfly that’s a sweet steaming brush! I don’t see it being the only one. I still like my chargone scraper for after "each use". And I can’t see wanting to break this steamer out every time. But I’ll probably steam once a month, and IMO it’s a lot easier than filling a tub with Dawn & soaking/scrubbing or firing up the pressure washer.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here