Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meat Claws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meat Claws

I have a set of Bear Claws that I bought based on the review here. Have used them a multitude of times and like them. The only issue I have is cleaning them as we don't have a dishwasher and the claws have to be washed by hand. There are quite a few places for meat to hide and frankly, they are a pain in the butt to clean properly.

I was in Home Depot yesterday and as I usually do, I went to the grill section and saw a pair of "meat claws" from Charcoal Companion. I had never heard of the company but I looked at the claws and was very impressed. Heavy and well made. The grips are made from a thermoplastic rubber that is very slip resistant. I bought a pair for under $11 and cam home and looked for their website to check things out. They have a multitude of products BBQ related.

The product description is here: http://www.companion-group.com/brand...ment/cc1131-w/

Can't wait to pull some pork soon!

I'm thinking of filling up my gaps with either RTV silicone or JB Weld

Comment

Just used mine today. Love them. Still not easy to clean, but I have a dishwasher.

Comment

Those are the ones I use, but I am very particular so I pull by hand. I usually use the claws just as a handy way to move the hunks of meat around.

Comment

• FLBuckeye
          FLBuckeye commented
          Editing a comment
          How are they for pulling pork?. These are much more heavy duty than the Bear Claws

Here is a pic of the product...

Mine have red handles

Comment

• The Burn
          The Burn commented
          Editing a comment
          That's what I've got, in black. Don't remember where I got them.

I wear a heavy pair of PVC insulated gloves and pull by hand. Seems to work well for me and the gloves are easy to wash!

Comment

I use a pair of forks and a 16yr old daughter to pull pork.

Comment

FLBuckeye I actually turn mine around backward, makes it much easier to pull apart.

Comment

I use the meat rake. Love it!

Comment

• Breadhead
                Breadhead commented
                Editing a comment
                @DWCoeles... Sweet! Why waste time right. That will get her done quick.

Hook this to your drill and shred away
              Attached Files

Comment

FLBuckeye it's a meat shredder. You attach it to a drill and start shredding

Comment

• 3DJ
                3DJ commented
                Editing a comment
                DWCowles where did you get that?
                Thanks for sharing!
                Jim

3DJ I don't own one but you can go to Google and search for Pork Shredder. Here's an link for YouTube.

Comment

I found it on Amazon. $67.99 plus $4.95 shipping.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/Shredder-Potat...rds=porkinator

Remember to use the AR Amazon link if you buy!

Comment

You can get it for $49.99 at www.porkinator.com

Comment

I still think the Bear Paws are the best I've used. I have the other ones but just not as good.

Comment

• FLBuckeye
                    FLBuckeye commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have those as well. Will be interesting to see how the metal ones work for me

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here