Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Palm Scale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Palm Scale

Just bought a copy of The Pizza Bible and in I they tell you to get a palm scale. I looked on Amazon and there appears to be 20 different knock-offs of one another. I don’t know if I can trust any of the reviews. Not that I want to spend outrageous money on a pocket scale, but does anyone know of a good brand and/or a place to buy it so I’m not getting a counterfeit version?

This one has served me well for the past couple of years: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003S...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It shows as currently unavailable ... but there are other options from the same manufacturer.

Comment

I recently bought this one. It works well. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y61YW7S...roduct_details

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        That's the one I have too.

• Razor
        Razor commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess going by what’s available and what’s been trusted, we have a winner! Thanks!

I approached the choice of kitchen scales carefully. I had already had past unsuccessful rankings, and I knew exactly what the ideal scales for the kitchen should be:
      1. They must be significant to accommodate any plate, even a large diameter.
      2. It is desirable that the screen is backlit and that the numbers are visible so that they are large, large.
      3. The batteries are ordinary, no pills.

I've already had enough of them. In principle, these are all the criteria that my ideal kitchen scales should have met. I was looking for such watches in stores for a long time until it occurred to me to look at the kitchen scales on the internet. And lo and behold! I found my perfect scales on https://www.amazon.com/Vont-Beautiful-Measurement-Stainless-Batteries/dp/B08SW6F5SZ and https://www.vont.com/product/digital-kitchen-scale/ . It was exactly what I was looking for. They met all the criteria. And the price pleased me.
      Last edited by TisiKisit; July 9, 2021, 06:23 AM.

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome to The Pit.

Tell us what you cook, and what you like to cook it on and we can help.

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        Will you be adding a link to a good quality scale?

I've had great luck with all my scales from Old Will Knott, https://www.oldwillknottscales.com/p...ini-scale.html. When you're measuring at that level you buy for accuracy and not much else.

Comment

i'd look for accuracy, ample scale surface size and ease of use. You don't really need anything too expensive, just something to do the job. using a scale over measuring cups is a lot easier once you're used to it and offers better results, as well. When I worked in pizza restaurants everything was weighed except the yeast (came in packets) when making dough. much more accurate than relying on your eyeballs looking across a sight glass line. especially when baking.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here