Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cooking Racks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooking Racks

I've been looking for at cooking racks. I found this but there and others.
    The "P&P CHEF Extra Large Baking Sheet and Cooking Rack Set, Stainless Steel Cookie Half Sheet Pan with Grill Rack" Is $52-$85.
    Why is a half sheet cooking rack so expensive? A whole wire shelving unit made from the same material is only $54.00.
    That little half round "Elevated Cooking Grate - Stainless Steel by Weber" is $50!

When I began smoking meats many years ago, before almost everyone got their smoked meats (if they could find it) from someone who specialized in it, accessories like that was not nearly as expensive as it is now.
    It doesn't make any sense to me. I guess it is because grilling and smoking are the in thing now. Prices for that stuff have gone through the roof. I can't help but laughing when I see it. But like my daddy used to say; if they market it as something that they cannot live without, people will buy it. He also reminded my of P.T. Barnum.
    Sorry about the rant fellas. I'm just getting frustrated with the cost of everything from smokers to thermometers (don't get me started), to all the accessories to compliment them. I guess if you can afford to spend $4000 for a back yard smoker, what's a lousy $52.00?

I already had th sheet pans, so I jus got these to help out: link

Comment

• Brewmaster
      Brewmaster commented
      Editing a comment
      No longer in stock

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Brewmaster jus hang tuff a few; they'll be back.
      I jus got two more, literally a few days ago.
      Have had/used some fer years, or I wouldn't even dream of recommendin em, I jus needed some more, to meet capacity requirements fer a caterin event.

• Brewmaster
      Brewmaster commented
      Editing a comment
      Will do

Depending on what time gap you are talking about between your original purchase and today there is this thing called inflation. I can remember when my annual income was $7,200.

Comment

I’m confused. What is it you are looking for? Plenty of options I think.

Comment

Manufacturers need to meet a specific price point. That's why original parts like plated steel grates, enamel grates, enamel flavor bars wear out with regular use. Probably a good number of grill owners only use theirs a handful of times during the season so the less expensive materials last longer for them. Most of us here are a little more, uh, dedicated.

A few years ago, I replaced both the food grate and charcoal grate in my WSJ with stainless ones. That upgrade alone was more than the cost of just going to Lowes and buying a whole new WSJ. Then there was the addition of GrillGrates. I also made a heat diffuser to experiment with.

I probably have the ugliest, most expensive, WSJ around.

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          But it will last forever!

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Ya bought SS grates fer yer Smokey Joe???
          An Grill Grates???
          Kewl!
          I gots 5 of em, reckon I'd better clean up my act.!
          They are such a Great lil cooker, oft overlooked.
          Folks are missin out on a great thang...
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 24, 2020, 12:59 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here