Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Real Cambro, how did I live without one (or two)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLBuckeye
    commented on 's reply
    My bro has a cambro and he says food loses a degree an hour. I have used a maxcold igloo 150 quart cooler as a faux cambro and have had no issues keeping food out of the danger (40 -140) zone. Wen I last pulled a brisket out of the cooler after resting for 3 hours, it was 171 degrees.
    I want a cambro because of the ability to stack pans. It is a bit tricky to stack more than a few pans in a cooler.
    A cambro is definitely on my wish list

• DWCowles
    commented on 's reply
    Ok that's what I was wanting to know. I will be placing my order tonight. Thanks for the info PaulstheRibList

• Dr ROK
    replied
    Anybody have any comparisons between the heat retention of a real cambro and a faux cambro, i.e. beer cooler?

Leave a comment:

• PaulstheRibList
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, @Jerod!

I just put this in my cart, will get soon!
    http://www.webstaurantstore.com/full...p/4070049.html

• PaulstheRibList
    commented on 's reply
    I bought 4 of these pans from Sams several months ago, along with the big cutting boards there. And I got a roll of kind-of-tacky shelf paper on a roll, and I put that under the cutting board to keep is from sliding.

I have the 2.5 inch deep pans. But the 4 inch ones are a great idea - that will increase the volume carrying capacity in Big Red!

• PaulstheRibList
    commented on 's reply
    Well, you still have the same drying-out issue if you pull earlier. I'm still leaning on doing pulled pork. But transportation is now MUCH simpler!

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    Winco pans. I got both. I like the deep for pulling, but the smaller ain't bad.

• _John_
    commented on 's reply
    Well add it to my list I guess! I have been taking butts with me and pulling on location, looks like you are saying it is fine to pull it first.

• DWCowles
    replied
    Paul did you get the pans there also? If so did you get the 2 1/2 or 4" deep and was the measurement of the pan 12 3/4 x 20 3/4

Leave a comment:

• PaulstheRibList
    commented on 's reply
    The hotel pans make things way faster to put meat in and take out. I didn't have to wrap anything, so I unloaded the ribs from the smoker, put in the pans and into the Cambro. Before, i would peal off foil, wrap each rack of ribs and place into the beer cooler. That took quite a bit longer.

Last week, I was also rushed, and put 4 butts into the black top opening one, and the meat was 210 degrees and I should not have sealed it up. I did and the meat kept the heat so well it kept cooking and got more mushy. I had huge leftovers and shared, and ate some last night when one of the families had a grad party - it still tasted great, even after freezing and thawing! #BBQRocks

• PaulstheRibList
    commented on 's reply
    It is HUGE! Three full size hotel pans slide in and out, with 2-3 inches inbetween to stack the meat up a bit!

• _John_
    replied
    That's a 12x20? Must be like a clown car because the pics on that site look way smaller than your pics. 196 is not bad at all...

Oh and the food looks amazing.

Leave a comment:

• PaulstheRibList
    commented on 's reply
    Dude, we could build that brick (or pipe) stickburner with a pellet cooker backup together!

• Huskee
    replied
    I wish you lived near me Paul.

Leave a comment:

• PaulstheRibList
    replied
    $196 for Big Red, http://www.webstaurantstore.com/camb...4300MPCRD.html

and $142 for the single pan top open, 12 inch height http://www.webstaurantstore.com/camb...UPCS180BK.html

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis