Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Real Cambro, how did I live without one (or two)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLBuckeye
    commented on 's reply
    My bro has a cambro and he says food loses a degree an hour. I have used a maxcold igloo 150 quart cooler as a faux cambro and have had no issues keeping food out of the danger (40 -140) zone. Wen I last pulled a brisket out of the cooler after resting for 3 hours, it was 171 degrees.
    I want a cambro because of the ability to stack pans. It is a bit tricky to stack more than a few pans in a cooler.
    A cambro is definitely on my wish list

• DWCowles
    commented on 's reply
    Ok that's what I was wanting to know. I will be placing my order tonight. Thanks for the info PaulstheRibList

• Dr ROK
    replied
    Anybody have any comparisons between the heat retention of a real cambro and a faux cambro, i.e. beer cooler?

Leave a comment:

• PaulstheRibList
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, @Jerod!

I just put this in my cart, will get soon!
    Built from sturdy 24 gauge 18/8 stainless steel, this standard weight full size steam table pan features double reinforced corners that add strength where the pan takes the most abuse. Ideal for use in hot and cold tables at your catering event or buffet, this impact-resistant pan makes cleaning and refilling a breeze. Easy to use and available at a great value, this anti-jam stainless steel pan is a dependable addition to any kitchen! This hotel pan has built-in, anti-jam stacking lugs to enable hassle-proof separation and easy lifting of the pan. Plus, it can go from freezer to oven to serving line without bending, which ensures that it will sit flat in steam table wells and hold its shape under the toughest conditions. Overall Dimensions: Length: 20 3/4" Width: 12 3/4" Depth: 4" Brimful Capacity: 14 quarts

• PaulstheRibList
    commented on 's reply
    I bought 4 of these pans from Sams several months ago, along with the big cutting boards there. And I got a roll of kind-of-tacky shelf paper on a roll, and I put that under the cutting board to keep is from sliding.

I have the 2.5 inch deep pans. But the 4 inch ones are a great idea - that will increase the volume carrying capacity in Big Red!

• PaulstheRibList
    commented on 's reply
    Well, you still have the same drying-out issue if you pull earlier. I'm still leaning on doing pulled pork. But transportation is now MUCH simpler!

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    Winco pans. I got both. I like the deep for pulling, but the smaller ain't bad.

• _John_
    commented on 's reply
    Well add it to my list I guess! I have been taking butts with me and pulling on location, looks like you are saying it is fine to pull it first.

• DWCowles
    replied
    Paul did you get the pans there also? If so did you get the 2 1/2 or 4" deep and was the measurement of the pan 12 3/4 x 20 3/4

Leave a comment:

• PaulstheRibList
    commented on 's reply
    The hotel pans make things way faster to put meat in and take out. I didn't have to wrap anything, so I unloaded the ribs from the smoker, put in the pans and into the Cambro. Before, i would peal off foil, wrap each rack of ribs and place into the beer cooler. That took quite a bit longer.

Last week, I was also rushed, and put 4 butts into the black top opening one, and the meat was 210 degrees and I should not have sealed it up. I did and the meat kept the heat so well it kept cooking and got more mushy. I had huge leftovers and shared, and ate some last night when one of the families had a grad party - it still tasted great, even after freezing and thawing! #BBQRocks

• PaulstheRibList
    commented on 's reply
    It is HUGE! Three full size hotel pans slide in and out, with 2-3 inches inbetween to stack the meat up a bit!

• _John_
    replied
    That's a 12x20? Must be like a clown car because the pics on that site look way smaller than your pics. 196 is not bad at all...

Oh and the food looks amazing.

Leave a comment:

• PaulstheRibList
    commented on 's reply
    Dude, we could build that brick (or pipe) stickburner with a pellet cooker backup together!

• Huskee
    replied
    I wish you lived near me Paul.

Leave a comment:

• PaulstheRibList
    replied
    $196 for Big Red, http://www.webstaurantstore.com/camb...4300MPCRD.html

and $142 for the single pan top open, 12 inch height http://www.webstaurantstore.com/camb...UPCS180BK.html

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here