Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fresh From Collette's Kiln

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh From Collette's Kiln

My wife is a very talented potter, these were unstuffed from her kiln this afternoon and will be our new dinnerware. The lady knows how to shelter in place!! The emblem on the plate is centered but appears off due to the angle of the display stand. Side note: for those who don't know I'm a retired fireman.

Click image for larger version

Name:	plates.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	816668

Very cool!

Comment

So, she's done her part, get out there and do yours....cremate some meat for those platters!

Comment

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        My daily chore...

The Maltese cross, know it well. Very cool!

Comment

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        !0-4 be married into a Maltese family, the Maltese cross has 8 points according to my father in law

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting, I guess I didn’t know it that well. Went thru most of my life thinkin one way as I was told by my father.

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        The patron Saint of firefighters, ComfortablyNumb

I’ve taken pottery classes, and I’m nowhere near her level. Awesome quality and design!

Comment

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        She really has a knack for it. Plus, her studio is her sanctuary and she spends A LOT of time in it.

Great looking plates CaptainMike !

Comment

She has real talent.

Comment

She made a whole set of those plates? Sweet!!!!

Comment

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            8 setting with bowls to come.

• Steve B
            Steve B commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice.

See is very talented as evidenced by these plates and those mugs we have seen before. On a side note have you ever tried to sear meat or cook a pizza in her kiln?🙂

Comment

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            Haha, no and I won't for many reasons!

Wow. Those are gorgeous!!! I am lucky indeed. Using my cup now!! 🔥

Comment

Very cool. Tell her "Great Job!"

Comment

I don't want to direct this back to food, but I'm curious if one could cook food in a kiln if you had to? If so, would it ruin the kiln even if it were something like bread?

Comment

• CaptainMike
                CaptainMike commented
                Editing a comment
                You could probably get away with bread, and technically cook anything, but it would be like trying to loosen a Phillips head screw with a flat screwdriver. Also, there's is a lot of off-gassing and some flaking of "kiln wash" that goes into the firing process and some of that is absorbed into the kiln walls. I wouldn't want any of that in my food.

• Arsenlael
                Arsenlael commented
                Editing a comment
                Interesting... Well, the pottery is certainly a thing of beauty. I love that people still hand make things like this.

Wow very nice. Does she sell her pottery to the public?

Comment

• CaptainMike
                CaptainMike commented
                Editing a comment
                She's doing her first craft fair Memorial Day weekend if all of this craziness subsides.

Very very cool! Your wife is very talented.

Comment

• CaptainMike
                CaptainMike commented
                Editing a comment
                She really is, you should see some of the other stuff she does, some of it is just amazing.

Those are very nice, Cap. Please pass my admiration on to her. And if she ever decides to do any selling, I'll be a customer!

Comment

• CaptainMike
                CaptainMike commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you, I'll pass it on to her. Of course, you could always fire up the motorhome and come on out to the craft fair she's doing in May! My place is all set up for multiple RV's.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here