Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gloves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gloves

Yes, gloves! been buying gloves and using for years. Some grilling shows on the TV show grillers using what appears as rubber over gloves over-under fire-resistant cloth gloves. Can't seem to find them anywhere. Any good tips of what to find and what to ask for?

Cotton glove liners. Here’s a link for an example.

Comment

• jumbo7676
      jumbo7676 commented
      Editing a comment
      I bought these a few months ago. Also got some of the nitrile gloves they sell to wear over them. Been pretty with the combination so far.

Tons of them cheap on Amazon. I buy like 24 pair at a time.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, here as well...

Here is an Amazon link for the ones I use https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Are you talking about the outer or inner gloves. The replies above are for the inner gloves. If you are talking about the outer gloves, any disposable gloves will work, but may be hard to find with Corona around...

Comment

Can’t recall off hand which size I have but these are the nitrile gloves that I use.

Comment

Here you go:

12 Pair of "Hand Savers" Glove Liner    As seen in some of Malcom's hottest videos! White, cotton gloves worn under latex gloves for handling hot foods and working on hot smokers and grills.   These gloves help protect your hands from the hottest cooks so you can really get in there! 12 Pair of Hand Savers (24 gloves)

This unique blend of premium synthetic material and powder-free coating allows gloves to glide into place easily, improving your overall barbecue experience by protecting your hands while prepping and cooking your favorite HowToBBQRight recipes! 100 Gloves Per Box | Size XL 5 Mil Textured for an incredible grip Powder-

Comment

I love using these. They are strong as all get out.

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              They are great, are they not? surfdog

• surfdog
              surfdog commented
              Editing a comment
              Spinaker Yeah, they really are.
              I picked up a small pack the first time and immediately got a box of a hundred.

• fzxdoc
              fzxdoc commented
              Editing a comment
              You turned me on to these several months back. They're great.

Kathryn

Are these for food prep/ handling or for hot things like grill grates and such (that I seem to burn my fingers on just about every time I’ve been cooking lately)?

Comment

• Donw
              Donw commented
              Editing a comment
              For heat, put on a pair of cotton gloves and then put your nitrile gloves over them. Works great with the temperatures you encounter grilling and smoking.

• RonB
              RonB commented
              Editing a comment
              What Donw said is for handling meat - not hot grates.

• Donw
              Donw commented
              Editing a comment
              RonB You are exactly right. I missed the word grates. For grates I use welding gloves and a tool for moving them.

I put the nitrile gloves over cheap garden jersey gloves which I use for pulling pork. I am sure the ones on Red Man link work better.

Comment

• Red Man
              Red Man commented
              Editing a comment
              I actually don’t actually use any liners. I have asbestos hands from doing HVAC work 😁. I just use Venom Steel nitrile gloves that Spinaker recommends. I was just posting a random link to show the OP what to look for.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here