Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waffle Iron Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waffle Iron Needed

I'm thinking of a New Waffle Iron. Anyone have an idea of a good one? Right now we have a Cuisinart that doesn't work that well.

I like the breville "no mess" ones. Good even heat and they cook the overflow in a channel on the lower plate. They have standard round and deeper square versions.

all clad is also good but the overflow overflows often and is not as easy to clean.

Neither are cheap but get plenty hot and very even.

Comment

Comment

I use the Cuisinart waffle attachment to The Griddler. It works well and solves space. I have a griddle, a panini press and a waffle iron. It does make square waffles.

Comment

Alton brown did a secret on waffles that included how to pick one out.

Comment

I’ve had good luck with my Cuisinart Double Belgian waffle maker. Good luck on your search.

Comment

If you have a local restaurant supply store you may hit them up to see what they have.

Comment

My recommendation is to get one with removable plates. I have a Cuisinart model and the removable plates allow me to mess around with stuffing waffles at Thanksgiving and not have to worry about not being able to clean the sausage grease

Comment

Comment

After reading several of your posts, the reviews of products, and the Serious Eats Site I modified my batter recipe and turned up the heat on our Waffle Iron this morning. The results were much better! Thanks everyone for your insight and ideas. Once again my Friends at Amazing Ribs saved me. We are having a brunch next Friday for Family and Friends and I want to make good waffles. Thanks again!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here