Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New GrillGrates... season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try soaking the chicken tenders in a salt brine for about two- four hours. You can shorten the marinade time Lord talk about good

Comment

I will be trying that out David Parrish . Thanks!
      GrillGrates Installed!! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6626.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	81446

Comment

• Tim E
        Tim E commented
        Editing a comment
        Unfortunately they are still clean, had left-overs last night. The good news is it was pulled pork leftovers so I dont mind.
        I will be firing these up tonight for jerk chicken.

• Ray
        Ray commented
        Editing a comment
        TimE this looks like a fine setup. I'd love to know what you think their performance.

• Tim E
        Tim E commented
        Editing a comment
        Well first cook down and I love these things. I fired up the grill walked away for a few and the surface was blazing hot in no time. I will have to adjust how I operate! I am going to love these things for searing! Also, did some grilled asparagus last night and it is really awesome not having to work so hard to keep them from falling in between the grates!

You're going to love 'em! Best purchase I ever made for my gasser.

Kathryn

Comment

• Ray
        Ray commented
        Editing a comment
        fzxdoc, but Doc Kathryn, what did you do with those phenomenal SS grates that came with the Summit??

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Ray, they're holding the Grill Grates up!

I agree, wonderful grates that come with the Summit, but the no-flareups with the GGs just beat 'em out.

Kathryn

I just checked on my order. Fed EX is saying they are going to be delivering it today!Almost a week early!!! I'm pretty pumped about this. I bought a huge Ribeye to throw on the grill grate. Really excited. This is going to make the day creeeeeep by.

Comment

i picked up the three pack of the 13.75" GG's for the pellet grill, and have also used them on the 18" Weber, which i come to find out is on it's last legs. literally. I found cleanup to be a breeze after the burgers, brats and bacon wrapped asparagus. A little PAM preamble was helpful in this regard.

Comment

I'm quite the skeptic, but after a bit of research (where I discovered this site!) I bought a set of three, which covers half my grill. First test was with some good fatty ground beef, and then some chicken slathered with sauce. Hardly any flame at all, and what little appeared died almost instantly. So I bought three more for the other side and will replace all my OEM grates. I did some nice bacon wrapped chicken breasts yesterday and not a bit of burnt bacon. I wouldn't have even tried that on the original grates.

Comment

Have had these for a while, can not say enough about them. Really change the way you cook on gas grills. Just ordered more to fill up the larger grill that I got. A necessary addition, can soon use all the grill space. They are running a deal this weekend, grateful15 is the code for 15% off.

Comment

GG's are terrific. I accidentally mis-measured, called them, got a shipping free exchange after customer service had me measure over the phone with their oversight. Only issue is (as the guy on the phone reminded me) "these babies get hot". Definitely play around with heat settings before you carbonize that ribeye!

Any tips for cleaning your GG's?

Comment

• chudzikb
                chudzikb commented
                Editing a comment
                I take them off the grill every once in a while and either scrape it out with a screwdriver, or use a wire brush, into a trash can.

Just ordered a set for the Kettle. The Gasser has had a set living on it for about 2 years, and used it last night for 8 rib eyes! Next to SnS, best Add-on ever!
              --Ed

Comment

Just ordered a set for the Kettle. The Gasser has had a set living on it for over a year, and used it last night for 8 rib eyes! Next to SnS, best Add-on ever!
                --Ed

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here