Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shake It (like a Polaroid Picture)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shake it more then once, you are playing with... wait... wrong post.. I use old Lowry's bottles and now, I buy spice bottles with the idea that I will use them as shaker bottles when I use them up.

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Bwahahaha

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      my wife shakes it....wait, what are we talking about again...

Come to think of it, I never shook a Polaroid. What’s up?

Comment

If you like to re-use shakers grab some blue painter's tape. Label it with the tape and a black Sharpie. I do the same labeling with mason jars that I hold rubs and spices in. Easy to label and stays on till you want to take it off.

Comment

I get mine from here.

Comment

As HouseHomey mentioned, I have the Fox Run brand from Amazon. Works great. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Fox Run 1025 Shaker with Large Holes, Stainless Steel, 3.75-Inch

Click image for larger version

Name:	61ZPOo6cv7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	792467Click image for larger version

Name:	61W4ZTyIfuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	792468

Kathryn

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a couple of these as well. Even with the plastic cap I've noticed seasoning, especially with a sugar content, tends to clump so they don't seal real well. Otherwise they are great shakers.

• MonsterDuckMadness
        MonsterDuckMadness commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you both!!

Originally posted by HouseHomey View Post
      I still use my hands. Grab a big ol handful and make like a shaker. Not ideal or efficient I know.
      Thank you for sharing your technique! Good to know that I have not been alone in (not ideally or efficiently) doing this. I feel better!

Comment

I reuse a Lawry's container. I print the recipe and use clear packaging tape to affix it to the shaker. Saves time when I need to make more and reminds me if the rub already in the shaker contains salt or not.

Comment

Totally high-tech over here: Pint mason jars with painter's tape labels. Delivered with a soup spoon.

Comment

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            I personally like the spoon that I mistakenly took from the Chinese restaurant.

fzxdoc My procrastination (patience) paid off. I just ordered two of them. Thanks Doc!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	B550719A-2637-4E1D-9522-F41B3FC0CA19.png
Views:	109
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	796350

Comment

I hope you like them as much as I do mine, HouseHomey .

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here