Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When the Old Becomes the New

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the Old Becomes the New

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	293.8 KB
ID:	78618 Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	291.5 KB
ID:	78621 Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	263.7 KB
ID:	78622 Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	299.4 KB
ID:	78625 Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	343.1 KB
ID:	78628 Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	382.9 KB
ID:	78624 Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	327.7 KB
ID:	78627 Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	283.8 KB
ID:	78626 Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	282.2 KB
ID:	78629 Click image for larger version

Name:	13.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	303.3 KB
ID:	78630 Click image for larger version

Name:	14.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	329.4 KB
ID:	78631 Click image for larger version

Name:	20150410_140722.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	262.3 KB
ID:	78632What do you get when you combine a hatch from a WWll Liberty Ship and a Grill Dome table? You get a food preparation table that reminds you of how great it is to be free to grill whenever you feel like it. I had this hatch for a very long time as the top of a bar. The bar was rotting away and the hatch had lost all its shine. I didnt know what I wanted to do with the darn thing until I saw the Grill Dome table. Even though I did not use it to insert my grill in it, I thought that I could use it as a surface to aid in the outdoor cooking process while at the same time being one hell of a conversation piece. In the pictures you can see the the final results. What do you guys/gals think?
    Attached Files

I likes a lot!!! Nice going....

Comment

Thanks Jerod!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        My late maternal grandfather served in the Navy in WWII. He drove the boats that brought the soldiers from the ship to the beach.

The captain of the ship "accidentally" docked their ship in the spot a cargo ship was suppose to dock at this one port. He admitted his error, but said it would be too much trouble to move over to the correct spot. The cargo ship had to go somewhere else and their original spot remained vacant. The next morning that vacant spot was bombed.

• UFO210
        UFO210 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thats a cool story!

Looks great, good job.

Comment

Very nice setup you have there.

Comment

Wow, that looks awesome!! Nice Work!!!

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Very nice....

Comment

This is where I got the instructions to build the table and they are free!

Comment

For some reason the link above won't take you where you need to go. You are gonna have to copy/paste this one:
                  grilldome.net/wp-content/themes/neon/images/LargeWoodTablePlans.pdf

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here