Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's on your Christmas list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's on your Christmas list?

Just curious what's on everyone's Christmas list for BBQ related items?

What's your must have item this year? Or what's something you've received before that should be on others' lists?

My wishlist includes a VacMaster VP215 and a Hobart 12” meat slicer. I’m not holding my breath.

Comment

• USFBullsFan2819
      USFBullsFan2819 commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been told in no uncertain terms that I cannot have a meat slicer. Not sure why she thinks I'm so accident prone -- not like I've fallen while walking randomly, fallen down our stairs, and other stupid things!

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      They sell cut proof gloves for the meat slicer!

I just typed this somewhere else. I have put a refurbished Kitchen aid Pro series Stand mixer 6 qt.with bowl lift. after that it goes to some All Clad pans I would like, a few different knives. I may even ask for bulk ingredients like flour, and cambro systems that are big enough to store 25 lbs of flour. That would be great also.

Comment

• USFBullsFan2819
      USFBullsFan2819 commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice! Good call on the cambros!

I have an electric meat slicer which is really nice. The Chefs Choice is on the low end. It is good, but if you do a lot of cutting it will go out in a year. I had three of them before deciding to go bigger.

Moving up, you can go with Avantco. I have one that has lasted about two years and does not seem ready to wear out. It is heavy, doesn't have quite the right angle for the cleanest slicing but is affordable. At $270, considering I went through a $100 Chef's Choice yearly, it is worth it. I would buy it again. In another year, I might say otherwise.

A Cambro is a nice, but expensive present. I spent years doing the ice-chest method. However, I splurged last year and bought the small Cambro Carrier. If you are holding or serving for a group it becomes indispensable. I waited for a sale price and snatched one up. I would do it again.

I don't have the greatest knives in the world, but I do have an electric knife sharpener. While a really good knife set would be a nice gift, a quality sharpener can turn a bad knife into a good (not great) one.

Comment

Char Broil Half Time Chimney Starter

Comment

• Sam6687
        Sam6687 commented
        Editing a comment
        i love mine, i wouldnt really call it half the time as my old starter but a little quicker and it fits much better into my pit barrel to dump the coals.

Thermoworks' new 2" silicone basting brush and a LearJet. With my luck I'll get the LearJet.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here