Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outdoor Prep Table??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor Prep Table??

I'm just moving into my first home and finally have enough room for a proper setup outside. I'm looking for a weather resistant, food safe prep table I can keep outside all year long (in New Jersey). It doesn't need to be huge, maybe 24"x30."
    Is a stainless steel table from a restaurant supply the best option?

I'd likely be using the table for prep, staging while cooking and then using it like a buffet for meal time.

Unless you are into building stuff, I agree that a stainless table is probably best. There are a few other options, stuff like this:

Note that Amazon is $40 higher than Sams Club - its only $149 at Sams. I like that one as it has storage underneath, versus an open cart...

Comment

• JOE E
      JOE E commented
      Editing a comment
      Got the same one for a Christmas gift. Works well.

• Razor
      Razor commented
      Editing a comment
      I like the hidden storage in that one. I just have a simple SS cart. Wife would kill me

• surfdog
      surfdog commented
      Editing a comment
      I like the storage on that one...
      Hmmm...
      "Sir, step away from the wallet." LOL

I use this one. I got it for $88.22 from Amazon when it was on sale. I do have a roof over it though. Here's the link.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dc1Ouj-Xmu5ILGNQ3jTiB_evnErWs8Vdq9dSyLugYrl6DRWeXtQAqUuafNKYBlYBohHi_D_XEpMXqrHaQQWfKtKbWgBeo6FF4Ev2clVtlxIxRqwKOJNGI3fINml269iHlrK9LG7M2Y7374kstowWcAsd_LqADK5u7qKtvvcvMuBTfdJSA_Xik1qQi5Yi8vtxcHD0fJaja1iYXL072TFPOF7361dxUHVOG4tQEBoav5dWLiFoAE-fwyYobhk-wbe
Views:	462
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	742662

Here's the link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Here is one that Jerod Broussard got a few months ago:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Honey-Can-Do-30-in-Stainless-Steel-Portable-Folding-Utility-Table-TBL-01566/202868227?cm_mmc=Shopping%7CG%7CBase%7CD59%7CMulti %7CNA%7CPLA%7CAll_Storage_Smart|71700000048022677| 58700004795392482|92700041138581064&gclsrc=aw.ds&& gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrrSZp6iK4gIVWLXACh3imAzvEAQYASAB EgJoufD_BwE

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        I was going to mention the same one, I had that on my personal list. I like the way it folds away for storage. Hey Jerod Broussard how's that item working out for you?

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        I missed that first time around. That one looks down right handy. I have mobility problems (walker) and could use a cart to move things around the area and from the grill/smoker to the back slider. How is that working for you Jerod Broussard?

• Alabama Smoke
        Alabama Smoke commented
        Editing a comment
        I have this one also. Easily unfold and its rolling on nice wheels, two of which have locking feature. When finished, wash off with hose and refold, roll on the two wheels still down low back into basement and store it inside in the four inches between my upright freezer and my side-by-side ref/freezer. Safe inside, covered in plastic it came in (which was also inside padded cardboard box of course) so stays clean when not in use, comes out easily, unfolds and ready to go. Nice table.

Agree with stainlesss, doesn't rust, easy to sanitize.

Comment

I likes it. I spray it off with the hose after use and wipe her down. It'd be nice to have some little sides that were raised and allowed water to run off of it, just to keep stuff from sliding off when I'm going out onto the patio. No accidents yet. Very happy with purchase.

Comment

• Alabama Smoke
          Alabama Smoke commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree Jerod Broussard on the sides you mentioned. I have been thinking of making some with nice wooden strips, which if stained would look good against stainless steel and mount them to the table top. Simply drilling a few holes in proper places on table top and run wood screws through bottom of table up through holes into the wooded strips. Would definitely be functional as well as nice looking if done correctly.

I have been thinking about something like this.

Comment

• North Carolina Mike
          North Carolina Mike commented
          Editing a comment
          Have one of these. Notice it's a chrome cart with a stainless top. Even though it was under a roof, the chrome soon developed small rust spots. The top was fine.

• treesmacker
          treesmacker commented
          Editing a comment
          Ohhh that's nice!

Go with stainless steel table. It is the best option

Comment

This one I have for my Ooni pizza oven. It is nice, especially if you want something that folds up. Nice casters with two locking wheels. It is chrome wire rack, with stainless top only. It is nice and tall.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200613_190912.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	876968

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            I bought one too. The stainless top is holding up fine but the chrome sides are showing some signs of pitting. I'm also not as fancy as you, I have my Jumbo Joe on mine

A tailgate from a 97 Dodge pickup works pretty well. And you can get them attached to a truck for pretty cheap.

Comment

• klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            Can't get that on my deck though lol

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here