Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Food Processors. What to Consider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pkadare View Post
    I recently did some extensive research on this as I had a crappy old one that among other things would fling liquids all over the kitchen. I wound up narrowing my choices down to 2 models:
    • Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor
    • Breville BFP660SIL Sous Chef 16 Cup Food Processor
    In the end I went with the Breville as I'm a huge fan of Breville appliances, I wanted the larger capacity, and I have the room in my kitchen cabinets to store it. I couldn't be happier with it.

As far as what you should look for, Reviews.com test criteria is a pretty good guide - https://www.reviews.com/food-processor/#Search

Good luck, let us know what you land on.

Paul, pkadare , have you purchased the Peel and Dice add-ons for your food processor? I'm assuming they are compatible with the one you purchased, the Breville Sous Chef 16 Pro.

I'm considering them for my Breville although they're $$$ for what they do.

Breville offers the Dicing Kit at $130:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	872546

And the Compatibility Kit at $200:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	872547

Have you researched this at all, or do you already have them?

Anybody else own them and have used them, or have the newer Breville Peel and Dice model?

Kathryn

Comment

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      I looked at them and decided that they weren't worth the expense. My knife skills are adequate that dicing is not really a chore and I'm mostly only cooking for 2, especially these days. If the kids were still in the house, I may have gone ahead and made the purchase. In fact, I almost did but the day I tried they were out of stock and after doing some thinking decided that was good thing for my wallet. :-)

You all are way too fancy for me. That sure is a nice unit though. My KA is still going strong. I don’t have MCS. I don’t, I don’t I don’t!

Comment

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      Whole kitchen is KA. Seems to all function well, and it all matches.

I did some research before buying this Cuisinart and am very happy with the purchase.

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Seems like those have been around forever. There’s a reason for that.
      Last edited by HouseHomey; June 30, 2020, 08:34 PM. Reason: Spelling

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the build quality and simplicity.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here