Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kingsford SteakAger 2019 Master Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kingsford SteakAger 2019 Master Series

Kingsford is now selling the SteakAger 2019 Master Series which apparently is like version 2.0 of the SteakAger that they started selling in 2018. The original version reportedly had problems with the fan causing a build up of ice inside the unit and ultraviolet lights burning out. I'm wondering whether anyone here has picked up the 2019 version & whether these problems have been fixed.

I'm new here, but this looks like a good thing for Amazing Ribs to test. I was hoping for a review, and I'm hesitant about purchasing until I see a good one. The early reviews scared me away.

Comment

I will pass this on too the team, see if there are any plans to test this in the near future. They do mention it in this article. But there is no review. Hang tight, lets see what the team has to say.

Comment

I have an original SteakAger that was used a couple of times, but now sits in my closet. Not well set up for it, and didn't really think it was much better than just getting a good dorm fridge, installing a fan, and following the Kenji guide on that.

More interested in UMAI bags at this point in time, tho. Or the Steak Ager Master 15 or 30... An actual standalone unit.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
          Potkettleblack commented
          Editing a comment
          Sure. Gotta look and my records and see what I want for it. If your local to Chicago... will give a deal, as no shipping.

• JamieBBQ
          JamieBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          I live in New Hampshire. If the price is right I won’t mind paying to ship.

• Potkettleblack
          Potkettleblack commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll let you know. Have a lot going on right now.

We are planning to do a comparison of the various aging methods in this article https://amazingribs.com/more-techniq...ging-beef-home

We just haven't gotten around to it yet. Sigh.

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Well you know there's tons of stuff on Umai here

I have been using a True beverage refrigerator that I bought from KaToom restaurant supply in Tenn. It has worked well for me. I currently have a prime 109 dry aging for 34 days. I’ll remove it tomorrow and carve it into bone-in ribeyes. The temp does not hold steady, but varies between 33 and 39 degrees. That has not resulted in any problems.

Comment

• Donw
          Donw commented
          Editing a comment
          Hope you share the results with us. Good luck.

How do I upload pics when there is not a "upload pics" button to click on?

Comment

• pkadare
          pkadare commented
          Editing a comment
          You should post this question on this thread - https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...membership-etc

• Donw
          Donw commented
          Editing a comment
          You don’t have an UpLoad Pix button if commenting on a post, but you should if you do a full post in response.

It would be great if you could do a head to head comparison between SteakLocker and SteakAger. I sent both companies a request to send you test units (if they had the cajones...)

Comment

• Meathead
          Meathead commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! I plan to test them eventually, also Umai, and a homemade system...

• Beholder52
          Beholder52 commented
          Editing a comment
          And Dry Ager!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here