Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outdoor Prep Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marauderer
    replied
    Yep!! You got it. I just took to Butts out of the freezer, about 19 lbs, and hope to have it smoked by next weekend. I have lots of threads to post like the Fried Shrimp, Onion Rings, and Corn on the cob we had last night. So much to do and so little time to do it and I have to finish rebuilding the Allison Transmission in my Truck.

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    Thanks Barry. I may have choked up a little bit when I read that. Our secret

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    Dave, you are so easy going and just enjoying life. I am glad your our Pit Boss!!
    Last edited by Marauderer; August 4, 2014, 09:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    Originally posted by Marauderer View Post
    What ever I build i will post it in the PIT so others can learn and use the ideas.
    THAT's what I like to hear!

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    Mh I saw that but, sigh, my budget cannot support a price like that (I was wondering how much it cost). So I will be forced to build something myself. I figure between $1-2K trying to keep it on the lower side or the range. Your unit is very nice and for it size and what you have on it the price isn't bad either. There wasn't anything on that Design your own kitchen that was soso. I sure can appreciate them and am glad for those that have the disposable income to be able to purchase those kitchens and items. What ever I build i will post it in the PIT so others can learn and use the ideas.

Leave a comment:

• Meathead
    replied
    If you go to the article on Outdoor Kitchens you can see the SS unit on wheels that I had built for about $5,000. My concern was for storage since we buy so many gadgets to test. It goes against a wall that has 4 GFCI outlets, overhead lights, and a fire extinguisher (inportant!). Didn't neet 2 paper towel holders. http://amazingribs.com/BBQ_buyers_gu...r_kitchen.html

You can get them built with warming drawers, etc. But I just wanted gadget storage. I do all food prep indoors where there are no flies.

Leave a comment:

• bocefuss
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, Barry... The table is a multi-taskers

• Marauderer
    replied
    Bo, That is gorgeous. That is in the park for what I am looking fo. I bet you have really gotten use to that and it would hurt your style to be without it. Yhanks for the pic.

Barry

Leave a comment:

• bocefuss
    replied
    Maraunderer, here's a photo of my prep table. I looked this one up on Winholt and it's very pricey. A used on from a restaurant supply store is a better bet. This one came from a closed grocery store.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    Tell me John, Why can't the Chiefs get any respect around the league. They are always in the hunt but, the media just doen't give them any credit or what they have done recently.

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    They sell those at Ikea, but all of the ones I found were a bit small for me. I ended up getting glass pickling jars (like little mason jars) and I stuck magnets to the top, you can get sheets of magnetic material with adhesive on one side.

I am ready for the game, though I'm not super confident in the secondary we'll be fielding. This is the first season in probably 15 years that i'm actually a little worried about the Raiders... they really drafted well.
    I hate the Bronco's of course but Manning is in my top 3 of all time, so I have to cheer for him silently. I will be at the Raiders, Bronco's and the MNF Patriots game this year.

Leave a comment:

• fredcanfly
    commented on 's reply
    Wow, John! Where did you find that? I want it! Also, are you ready for Broncos-Chiefs showdown this year? You're on the wrong side of it, but that's ok...

• Marauderer
    replied
    That really looks nice Jon. That is a grand idea.

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    I like the idea of a magnetic spice rack. I came across this a few months back. This would stick to my backsplash just fine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	spice-container-005.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	6623

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    I posted this exact thing on the Pit Barrel page, really leaning toward this.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here