Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freezer!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freezer!!!

I just ordered a 14 CF freezer from Sears. It will be here on Wednesday. Now I can buy meat by the case and save a bunch of dough.

Sweet, you can save a ton that way.

Comment

With a little luck that freezer is going to pay for itself in less than a year.

Comment

Mine have more than paid for themselves. We have 3. Two small chest type, and one large upright. In fact, our refrigerator has no freezer compartment, as we keep the fridge and the upright freezer next to each other. Works for us.

Comment

I like chest freezers but my GF wanted an upright, so.......

Comment

• _Keith
            _Keith commented
            Editing a comment
            Should have told her that chest freezers are use much less energy. Remember that warm air rises and cold air falls. Every time you open an upright freezer, all that sub-zero air falls out onto the floor and is replaced by warm air, and you have to pay to cool it back down. Open a chest freezer and the cold air just sits there all happy.

Originally posted by Strat50 View Post
          Mine have more than paid for themselves. We have 3. Two small chest type, and one large upright. In fact, our refrigerator has no freezer compartment, as we keep the fridge and the upright freezer next to each other. Works for us.

Strat where you live do you even need a freezer?

Comment

• Strat50
            Strat50 commented
            Editing a comment
            While it is true that we only have 2 seasons here:winter and 6 weeks of bad skiing, freezers help keep the bears off the porch!

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            If it's bear season, thinkin' I could sacrifice a little bait.

• Strat50
            Strat50 commented
            Editing a comment
            I've seen a brown bear peel open the side of a school bus like a canned ham. Yes, in our areas zoning, we can shoot, but I would prefer to do it the old-fashioned way. Shoot 'em in the garden...

It's not worth the damage they do to draw them in. Plus, you'll get cited for big bucks for your trouble. We already have two bear seasons anyway. They're not too hard to find if you are looking.
            Last edited by Strat50; February 2, 2015, 01:18 AM.

A used freezer is probably the best purchase one could ever make. I bought a large one 15 years ago for $75 and it's still going strong.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here