Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoke EZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke EZ

I had this in general discussion and think it belongs better here. So okay, I'm still learning my way around the site, lol. Anyway, I am looking at pulling the trigger on my next upgrade/toy. Does anyone here have the Smoke EZ for the Webber kettle? If so, give me all the good and the bad of it. All of the reviews I have seen are positive and it gets a gold rating here at AR but I'd love to hear from someone first hand that may have one. Thanks in advance for the help.

I gotta ask. If you have a PBC why do you want a Smoke EZ? Also, why not just spend a little more and get a WSM that has a door for refueling? Based on your long list of smokers I am guessing experimentation may be the response but I gotta say I am all kinds of curious.

Comment

I'm not real familiar with the Smoke EZ but I love my Cajun Bandit. It has a refueling door and fits nicely on my OTG to make something close to a 22.5" WSM. I don't think it has been reviewed here at AR though. At least I couldn't find it with the search engine.

Comment

• Gunderich_1
        Gunderich_1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I actually looked at the Cajun Bandit but from reviews on other sites he isn't making it anymore. So many people were going with the BBQ Stacker he sells, he stopped production on the Bandit conversion kit. I have checked his website several times & it has been marked sold out for months. I have not contacted him directly but may have to do so.

• IrondeQuer
        IrondeQuer commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, that's too bad. Very high quality and excellent customer service. I ended up with his rotisserie ring as well.

Well David, you have given me food for thought. I was thinking about going with this to expand the arsenal as far as large cooks since I already have the Webber Gold and honestly kind of got tunnel vision. I will have to think on a WSM. Darn it. Just when I thought I had it all figured out........back to equipment reviews and recommendations.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunderich_1 View Post
        Well David, you have given me food for thought. I was thinking about going with this to expand the arsenal as far as large cooks since I already have the Webber Gold and honestly kind of got tunnel vision. I will have to think on a WSM. Darn it. Just when I thought I had it all figured out........back to equipment reviews and recommendations.

Hah too funny! Say Hi to Max for me if you run into him... In the equipment reviews... It's not funny when I explain it is it? I'll stop now.

Comment

• Gunderich_1
          Gunderich_1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well now I'm totally back to the drawing board. Thanks Dave; lol. Now I'm thinking do I go with another Pit Barrel or, wow, that Napoleon looks really sweet. Decisions, decisions. Maybe I should just stop and be happy with what I have.....nah, probably not gonna happen.

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          Sir if you're looking for someone to talk you out of buying more grills... I am not that person

• smarkley
          smarkley commented
          Editing a comment
          ya know... I have a PBC and if I was gonna get another small smoker, that is not a stick burner, I would definitely grab a WSM... just sayin'

Ok Pit Boss, looks like I've gone back the other way in my thinking. I think you are spot on with your experimentation comment when it comes to the Smoke EZ. Since my last post I've been on Youtube looking at the WSM & the Napoleon and similar types of water smokers. I don't know that the door is gonna be that big a deal breaker. I can lift the sleeve if I need to add water and fuel. I think what attracts me the most (and I honestly don't know why) is the rack that allows you to hang meat. Maybe it's a carry over of the PBC. I've actually thought about modifying my Brinkman cabinet style to hang ribs just to see how it would do. I haven't made up my mind for sure yet but I will let you know when I do. Anyway, gonna sign off for now. The nurse says it's time for the rest of my meds.

Comment

• _Keith
          _Keith commented
          Editing a comment
          If you're looking for something for smoking more meat at once, why not get another Pit Barrel Cooker? It seems to me that cooking in two of those would mean that all the meat finished at about the same time.

You bring up a good point Keith and it is something I am considering. I really like the cooker and you are spot on about everything finishing around the same time and that would be important. I think I may just leave the Webber as is with the Smokenator and if I want to play I can always modify my cabinet cookers to hang meat. I think it'd be worth spending the extra $89 bucks on the PBC. Nothing like waffling is there? Maybe I should consider running for congress.
        Sincerely,
        Tim

Comment

You got my vote

Comment

Well, I finally made up my mind and pulled the trigger and decided what I wanted to get. Now on to more about competition cooking. Made up my mind I'm gonna get involved in some backyard competitions at the very least. Can't wait for the Webinar coming up by Harry Woo and Slap YO' Daddy BBQ. Hoping to learn lots.

Comment

Okay, as an update, I finally got to use the Smoke EZ I bought for my Weber Gold kettle grill. Wow, I am impressed! This is a great tool and functioned better than I anticipated! My company decided to cook some butts for some of our vendors as an appreciation for their hard work. We cooked on the EZ and two PBC's that belong to myself and a friend. It performed very, very, well. I am very happy I got this product and if anyone is looking to do large smokes, I would highly recommend this for a Weber add on. We got high praise for the way this cook turned out. I hope to be able to upload some photos of some of the cook soon.

Comment

Thanks for the update Gund! I've been looking at that for a while now. Good to hear the feedback

Comment

• Gunderich_1
                  Gunderich_1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Jon, I don't think you will be disappointed. And I don't want to say this too loud for fear of being shot but a couple of the guys said they liked it better than the PBC. Shhhh.......

• David Parrish
                  David Parrish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Blasphemers! lol Don't worry, your secret is safe with me.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here