Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber Gourmet Accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weber Gourmet Accessories

Hello,

I'm wondering, does anyone have any experience, or have any opinions, on the Weber Gourmet BBQ grate combos/system? I have a Weber 22" Kettle, and I'm looking to try and find a way to incorporate a griddle surface so that I can make Diner Burgers on my Kettle. The Gourmet BBQ System has a Griddle accessory, as well as a Wok and poultry roaster, which sound interesting to me, but I'm wondering if there may be some better way to get a griddle to work on the grill.

I wonder if you could use one of these... Lodge LDP3 Double Play Reversible Grill/Griddle, 9.5" x 16.75"

Comment

• HC in SC
      HC in SC commented
      Editing a comment
      Good call Steve!

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      I've got one that I throw on my Keg and it works great. Makes awesome burgers, but also, eggs, bacon, sausage, has browns. I recently did some salmon that turned out great. This would be my recommendation as well. Good thinking Steve.

Huh. That looks perfect. Thanks Steve!

Comment

Not quite a perfect griddle since it has holes, but for burgers and steaks, I flip my Grill Grates over and use the flat side. Perfect for getting a nice crust on a reverse seared MR Ribeye...

Comment

• HC in SC
        HC in SC commented
        Editing a comment
        Good idea!

Or you could get the Craycort cast iron grate set with the griddle or cast iron pan insert: http://www.cast-iron-grate.com/grate...le-grills.html.

MH doesn't think that highly of cast iron, but I think it's Ernest that has these (at least the basic set) and loves it

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        True, but he does recommend that Lodge cast-iron griddle.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        I just checked out that link.....those things are way cooler.

• smarkley
        smarkley commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah agree with Spinaker... that thing is WAY cool!

Actually, I just found this 14" reversible round one: http://www.amazon.com/Bayou-Classic-.../dp/B00062WTQ0. I might get one. (Of course, don't forget to buy from Amazon through the AR link.)

Comment

Right on! Imagine doing some wok style flash frying on that dude with a Vortex parked under it!!!!

Comment

• Strat50
          Strat50 commented
          Editing a comment
          That would make sort of a Mongolian grill, which is sublime stuff, let me tell you! Wok hei without the wok. I love it!

I hate when you guys put ideas in my head

I've found that you can also use the Stok grill gate system. It's cast iron, but does have a porcelain coating. It's similar to the Weber design and has about a dozen inserts available.
        http://www.stokgrills.com/accessorie...rill_grate.php and can be bought at Amazon.

Comment

Just ordered this from Cabela's on a closeout, down from $89.99 to $29.88. It's made for the Stok system, but it says it fits all 22.5" kettles. It's double-sided, as shown. I probably would have gone with the Craycort or something else if this wasn't only $30 and I didn't need a grate for my new used OTG anyway. I'll let you know when I test it out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	download.png
Views:	100
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	43381 Click image for larger version

Name:	download (1).png
Views:	93
Size:	302.3 KB
ID:	43382
          Of course, Cabela's also has a 20" cast iron grill pan for $42. I checked it out at the store - it's heavy, but you can also get a dome lid for it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	download (2).png
Views:	97
Size:	178.2 KB
ID:	43384
          Attached Files

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice score! 66% anything is a great deal. They're sold out now though...

• The Burn
            The Burn commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow, it said limited availability, but that's really limited. I went up to the store to see if they had one there - as I'm impatient - and then ordered it on my iPhone while there. Glad I did.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here