Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cajun Bandit Rotisserie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cajun Bandit Rotisserie

Got my Christmas gift early and put it to immediate use. So far, I have done Peruvian style chicken and leg of lamb. Today I am doing a small piece (3#) of leg of goat. I haven't seen too many rotisserie recipes on here. Does anyone here have a good source for rotisserie recipes?

That is neat!!

Comment

Lookin' good Zman! Many of the recipes found here would be excellent for rotisserie. The rubs, marinades, and brines would work well in terms of what you might like flavor wise, as rotisserie cooking is still "just" cooking low and slow(usually) right? As a long time chef and line dog, one learns to look at flavor profile first. The method will follow. The opposite is also true. So, if you want, for example, a "Texas bbq" flavor from a chicken, find a recipe that will give you that flavor. Even on a rotisserie, you still cook chicken to 155 or so, right? So, marinate, rub, etc, then just cook. Traditional rotisserie recipes such as Churrasco are fairly simple, but just take time. Greek rotisserie is also simple, but takes time. Match the meat to recipes you find here, then just cook 'em up. Try not to "over think" it, as it is actually pretty simple.

In looking at your excellent images, I can see you are a good and experienced cook. So, just go for it and do what you do, as what you are doing now is great. Having trained and worked with a ton of cooks in my career, I know talent when I see it, and you have it. Seasons greetings from Houston, Alaska...

Comment

+1000 !

Comment

Thanks for the advice and kind words, Strat. I worked in kitchens throughout college, as banquet and line cook. It was fun and I learned a lot. These days it's a hobby/passion.

Comment

• Strat50
            Strat50 commented
            Editing a comment
            You are most welcome. My wife and I want to adapt our rig for a rotisserie to do some of the traditionally styled Brazilian bbq she grew up with. She saw your pics and freaked, so I guess I'm on a quest...lol

Just finished the goat leg. It was a small 3# piece. Salted it earlier today and added pepper before cooking. When it was time to go in the rotisserie, I put a pan with diced potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, S&P, and water under while it cooked. It was on the rotisserie a little over an hour.

Comment

• Strat50
            Strat50 commented
            Editing a comment
            A prime example of major yumminess! Excuse me, I'm hungry now...lol

You are giving me flashbacks to Kenny Rogers Roasters! Awesome! Bet you get a nice, even cook.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Are they completely out of business? Every time I hear that name I think of Kramer's secret obsession on Seinfeld.

• HC in SC
            HC in SC commented
            Editing a comment
            I think KRR are all out of biz. We only had a couple in the Columbia, SC area - but they were good!

I can still taste that pulled chicken pita sammich!!

If I lived above a KRR like Kramer did I probably would have become obsessed like he did too!

Look forward to more delicious pics!

Comment

I was just thinking about this today: Has anybody made a whole chicken on a rotisserie with MH's Huli Huli sauce/marinade? I'll bet it would be awesome. I will probably try it in the spring.

Comment

It's on the top of my list when I finally break down and buy a rotisserie
              Last edited by The Burn; December 30, 2014, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here