Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rub and Sauce containers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BGWolf
    replied
    I get all my shakers and sauce bottles (bar towels, aluminum trays, etc.) at my local Resturant supply store. 6 squeeze bottles were less than $1 each. Nice stainless shakers were about $3.50. If you can find one near you you will save a ton of money on supplies and accessories.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    commented on 's reply
    Are you happy with the products you get from "Spice Barn". If you get spices are you pleased with the freshness and quality?

• FLBuckeye
    commented on 's reply
    No, I don't have a laser printer. Emailed the Avery template for my labels to my local U.P.S. store and they printed the labels at a nominal cost on the labels I gave them. The ink on the labels I printed at home with my inkjet printer ran once the bottle went into the fridge.

• Ernest
    replied
    I use Hermetic jars for my sauces and large glass jars, stubbed the lids myself to turn them into shakers, for my rubs. Use plastic cling wrap with the lid for airtight storage.

Leave a comment:

• jrobertson50
    replied
    wow thanks for the info about spice barn. they have exactly what i need and cheap.

Leave a comment:

• pizza67
    replied
    I just recycle the large spice containers, they all have a shaker top, though they differ depending on the spice.

Leave a comment:

• IrondeQuer
    replied
    When I'm in my local spice shop, I just add a few containers to the spices I'm buying. They have several sizes and the prices aren't horrible.

You can probably get them from online spice stores as well. I got a bunch through Spice Barn at one point last year.

Leave a comment:

• jrobertson50
    replied
    Awesome. i will have to look through everyone's links. Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• jrobertson50
    commented on 's reply
    thats what i have been doing. but i really want a shaker. so i can make a bunch at once.

• jrobertson50
    commented on 's reply
    yeah thats the rumor on the internet anyways

• bocefuss
    replied
    I save spice containers from HEB (my local grocer) and re-purpose them as rub shakers. There is a local spice vendors with big containers here in Texas and these are the best when using to rub up a big load of meat. I have 4 or 5 ready to go when needed
    Last edited by bocefuss; July 22, 2014, 07:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    You print them at home? Regular iink adheres better to these labels, is that what you mean?

• FLBuckeye
    replied
    The link to the 5 oz. bottles...

Purchase Clear Glass Woozy Bottles w/ Red Ribbed Lined Caps & Orifice Reducers, Wholesale and Bulk

Leave a comment:

• FLBuckeye
    replied
    My wife works for the local school system so I get all sorts of spice containers for my rubs, chili powders, and other stuff. For my sauces (especially my Controlled Burn hot sauce) I use this company.

I use the Avery laser labels (ink won't run like the inkjet ones) 9 to a page. Got them on Amazon for around $12 for 90, will last a long time

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    I too use a parmesan cheese container, and I have 2 large spice containers that have the larger sifter holes. Work excellent for me.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here