Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rub and Sauce containers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rub and Sauce containers

I would like to buy some rub shakers, and sauce containers. what are you guys using for this? and where are you purchasing?

I just use the glass mason jars for my rubs. I found a shaker that has larger than normal holes to apply the rubs.

Comment

hadn't thought about mason jars. Will check that out. i wonder if i can find shaker lids for mason jars.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        I poke my own

• jrobertson50
        jrobertson50 commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah thats the rumor on the internet anyways

I buy a lot of my stuff/accessories from Amazon which helps to support AR. They have some really neat shaker jars HERE

http://tinyurl.com/amazingribs

If you like AmazingRibs.com, please save this link and use it every time you go to Amazon. Amazon and many other websites pay us a small referral fee when you click our links and purchase from them. It works on everything from grills to diapers, Amazon never tells us what you bought,it has zero impact on the price you pay, but has a major impact on our ability to improve this site!

Comment

You can get empty spice jars with shaker tops at most kitchenware stores (like bed bath and beyond) or search out a local restaurant supply store to save a lot over retail. I just save my empty spice containers and reuse them.

Comment

I use these kind of disposable containers for rub and mason jars for sauce. I still apply the rub with a table spoon but I'm a bit OCD on the amount I use. Not that thats a bad thing
          Last edited by Jon Solberg; July 22, 2014, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• jrobertson50
            jrobertson50 commented
            Editing a comment
            thats what i have been doing. but i really want a shaker. so i can make a bunch at once.

I find that empty parmesan cheese containers work well for the rubs. They already have the oversize holes and are generally big enough for my needs. As for sauce I bought some cheap ketchup and mustard squeeze bottles from the dollar store.

Comment

I too use a parmesan cheese container, and I have 2 large spice containers that have the larger sifter holes. Work excellent for me.

Comment

My wife works for the local school system so I get all sorts of spice containers for my rubs, chili powders, and other stuff. For my sauces (especially my Controlled Burn hot sauce) I use this company.

I use the Avery laser labels (ink won't run like the inkjet ones) 9 to a page. Got them on Amazon for around $12 for 90, will last a long time

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                You print them at home? Regular iink adheres better to these labels, is that what you mean?

• FLBuckeye
                FLBuckeye commented
                Editing a comment
                No, I don't have a laser printer. Emailed the Avery template for my labels to my local U.P.S. store and they printed the labels at a nominal cost on the labels I gave them. The ink on the labels I printed at home with my inkjet printer ran once the bottle went into the fridge.

The link to the 5 oz. bottles...

Purchase Clear Glass Woozy Bottles w/ Red Ribbed Lined Caps & Orifice Reducers, Wholesale and Bulk

Comment

I save spice containers from HEB (my local grocer) and re-purpose them as rub shakers. There is a local spice vendors with big containers here in Texas and these are the best when using to rub up a big load of meat. I have 4 or 5 ready to go when needed
                Last edited by bocefuss; July 22, 2014, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Awesome. i will have to look through everyone's links. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

When I'm in my local spice shop, I just add a few containers to the spices I'm buying. They have several sizes and the prices aren't horrible.

You can probably get them from online spice stores as well. I got a bunch through Spice Barn at one point last year.

Comment

• Marauderer
                      Marauderer commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Are you happy with the products you get from "Spice Barn". If you get spices are you pleased with the freshness and quality?

I just recycle the large spice containers, they all have a shaker top, though they differ depending on the spice.

Comment

wow thanks for the info about spice barn. they have exactly what i need and cheap.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here