Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you use to Clean your Grill??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you use to Clean your Grill??

I just got a pizza oven off Craig's List and need to clean it up. The front cover has painted words on it that I want to preserve and not lose if possible. What do you use to clean up the stainless on your grill?

Depends on the source of gunk, if it is just dirt and grease then I use vinegar.

Comment

Try to find some thing caustic, think oven cleaner. If you can get some caustic soda (Sodium Hydroxide) to mix with water all the better. It will eat right through the protein based grime. Heated water and Caustic Soda is what food grade processing plants use to clean protein based gunk from the surface of stainless steel piping, tanks, mixers, blenders, pumps, valves and so on. However, I don't know that you can get go out and buy caustic soda, but you can find it in Oven cleaners and the like.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Caustic will make that stainless in the front shine like brand new. No Joke. Good Luck!

I use barkeepers friend on stainless. Its like $2 at the supermarket.

Comment

Goo-Gone does the job for me.

Comment

Ammonia for the heavy stuff. Greased Lightning for the day to day.

Good tip on the Goo Gone

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here