Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Gadget for Garlic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Gadget for Garlic

You need this... better than a garlic press ( and alot easier to clean ). Will handle up to 8 cloves. Made in the USA.
    It's called a Garlic Twist, and you can easily find it on Amazon. Price has steadily risen over the last few years. Virtually indestructible ( unless you put in on a turkey and put the turkey in the oven - won't explode, tho ). Have had mine for 2 years.

--Ed
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Garlic_Twist.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	36014

That is cool. The cheap little garlic press I have seems to keep more in it than it spits out.

Comment

There is 1 set of teeth on each half. When you are done with the garlic, you line the twist up so the teeth form a cross. All of the minced garlic is located in opposite quadrants allowing you to easily remove 99% of it. I use a fork to get what's left between the teeth.

Yeah, you can throw this is in the DW.

Amazing invention!

Comment

Did you really do that turkey thing?

Comment

• Medusa
          Medusa commented
          Editing a comment
          No, that was a sarcastic statement based on another post where a "scientist" put the Thermo-pop in the turkey and then put the turkey in the oven.

• Jon Solberg
          Jon Solberg commented
          Editing a comment
          Ahh sorry I missed that.

I told my wife about the "Turkey-Pop"

Comment

• Medusa
          Medusa commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here, she just rolled her eyes. I think someone posted it today, and there is a video (?) I can't fathom why someone would do this. How many different warnings do insta-reads have that say - "don't leave in meat", etc.

BTW, the Garlic Twist is a potential Xmas gift for those who really like to do their own garlic. It really works very well, plus you control how fine a mince you want.

--Ed

Thanks Medusa, Amazon is breaking me...

Comment

Interesting little object, I think I need/want/must get one.

Comment

I guess this old chef is a bit of a fuddy-duddy. I still prefer a chefs knife. If I need a lot of garlic(or shallots), then I just use my mini food processor as they are quick to clean. Of course, I use a knife every day as part of my job,so my perspective may not be the norm. So, if this works for you, then use it. What most chefs think of is that the overall time spent using the gadget; is it quicker than by hand? Most gadgets are fast at a given task, but take time to clean up, which can take longer overall than doing the job by hand. Just a thought.

Comment

I just bought this on Amazon for $2.34 with free shipping! No, that is not a typo.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here