Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIY Grill Cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY Grill Cart

Just wanted to share one of my better recent projects - a DIY Grill Cart based on these plans from Popular Mechanics online. As I began using more and more of the tricks (and buying accessories) from this site, I began to have a problem with storage and always lacked enough surface area to keep things straight.

After searching around online, I found these plans and went to work. I'm NOT much of a woodworker, but I did have the basic knowledge and tools although it seemed that each day I worked on this I found I needed another trip to Home Depot or Harbor Freight for something. I ended up adding things like long bar clamps, a countersink bit, paintbrushes, that kind of thing.

I decided not to follow the plans on the top, which called for an open space that would be filled with a cutting board. One of the nice features is the two "trays" which are really just cake pans resting on rails. You can keep meat in those, tools etc.

It's made of Cedar and even though its stained with a protective coating, I also keep it covered with a grill cover.

Anyhow, it turned out pretty good and I've put it to much use in the last couple of months. Here is a picture that I took just a short while ago:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0838.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	34919

Very Nice! That should be real handy for ya!

Comment

Nice Job!

Yep, everytime there's a project there's always a trip to Home Depot or Lowes. Hah! You can never, ever, have enough clamps.

Here's what I store all my grill loot in. Not easily mobile - LOL! Makes a good work table, tho. BTW, I didn't build this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chest_v1.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	35598

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here