Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Food Handling Gloves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food Handling Gloves

I’d like to purchase food handling gloves that I can use while putting on rubs, etc. Not the oversized clear Polyethylene type, but the snug-fitting kind that looks like a doctor’s examination gloves and that appear in many of the article photos on the AR website. I’m just not sure which type of material that’s food safe and won’t leave any aftertaste on food … Latex, Latex-free Vinyl, Nitrile? Of course they have to be sturdy and powder-free. And where can I purchase them? Thanks.
    Last edited by Smokin'Rick; November 21, 2014, 01:36 PM.

I use nitrile gloves that I get at Costco.

Comment

I got some el cheapo's right now, but I really prefer the purple ones.

Comment

Nitrile is the way to go. I usually pick up bulk packs at Harbor Freight or my local auto parts store.

Comment

Nirilite, helps to get the right size IMO

Amazon [using the tiny url of course]

Comment

Thanks guys! Might pickup a package at Costco tonight. Gotta have them for turkey prep.

Comment

Harbor freight, cheapest I have found

Comment

Jon, Took your advice. Skipped Costco and ordered them thru Amazon (Prime) last night. I'll receive them tomorrow. Harbor Freight is another option and you guys are right. I found them to be the cheapest for 100 count.
                Last edited by Smokin'Rick; November 22, 2014, 10:48 AM.

Comment

I like Amazon because I can get black ones... There slimming. hehehehe

Comment

I can buy nitrile gloves in my supermarket. I think they are playtex.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here