Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter Grilling/Smoking Gloves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter Grilling/Smoking Gloves?

During the other seasons I use welding gloves for grilling and smoking. I've now got 2 pair - one a little more beat-up that I use to handle dirty grates and to get unlit coals, the other a little cleaner for general cooking work. But the neuropathy in my hands make them get numb and sting pretty quickly. Right now it's 28 with a wind chill of 21 and my hands hurt after only 10 minutes. What I really need are some really thin warm gloves that I could wear under my welding gloves. Having only been back East for a couple of years, I haven't had the need for anything other than regular winter gloves until now.

Any of you Northerners have any suggestions? Or other alternatives to the welding glove/"under" glove combo?

Burn hard to say what will fit under the welding gloves. I have a pair of Thinsulate gloves with the tops of the fingers cut off. I use them for fishing. However I brought them 20 years ago. Try the hunting and fishing guys like Basspro or Cabela's.

Comment

I went through this same thing with gloves for fourwheeling. I spent a lot of money on gloves and a lot of time trying to find something that would work without a liner glove and there just isn't anything to beat it. I talked to family in the Upper Peninsula in Michigan and my in-laws in Minnesota and they all told me to get liner gloves.

I currently wear some cheap thin gloves, they kind with the gripper dots all over the palm and fingers, I got from a gas station under some big mittens. Cabela's has all sorts of nice liner gloves. I'd suggest you get a pair of these to fit then go to wherever you get your welding gloves and try some on over the liner gloves.

I have a $120 pair of high performance gloves and they don't even come close to a liner and a cheap glove over it.

Here's a link to help you get started.

Comment

Thanks guys. They opened a Cabela's about half-hour away this summer, so I'll go check it out.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here