Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new cooking accessory has arrived...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new cooking accessory has arrived...

I can't wait to do some buffalo chicken with this Vortex Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0295.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	32858

Nice! I want one!!

Comment

Looks like a angle food cake pan dont it.

I love the concept

Comment

That is one of those tools where ya slap your forehead and say, "Why didn't I think of that?"

Comment

Mine is on the way from OwensBBQ.com in one of the Dakotas. Unlike MadHunkyMeats.com, he had a middle size for the 22.5" that was a few dollars less and his shipping was a few dollar cheaper.

I'm looking forward to doing wings too and I thought I could do smaller contained fires for small cooks like a couple of burgers.

Comment

• Medusa
            Medusa commented
            Editing a comment
            I got the V because of wings. They come out awesome - no flipping or turning. Your choice if you want to increase the crisp on the skin by moving closer to the heat.

Can't wait to do Kebabs! I need to check out the "fire ring" ?

--Ed

• The Burn
            The Burn commented
            Editing a comment
            Those flexible skewers? Those seem pretty cool. I know ones like them before. The ones at Owens BBQ say you can marinate while on the skewers

• Guy
            Guy commented
            Editing a comment
            Burn, that was what convinced me to get the Vortex, smaller cooks and save charcoal. A couple of burgers or steaks. And the wings. There is only two of us at home.

What is it? Looks cool

Comment

• Guy
            Guy commented
            Editing a comment
            Go to OwensBBQ.com and click on Vortex. They show sample pictures on everything the Vortex does.

DW and Burn, just pressed the button and have one on the way from Owens.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Guy can I borrow your debit card number? I'll give it back when I'm done I promise

• Guy
            Guy commented
            Editing a comment
            Huskee, I did not use my debit card or my wife would find out. Used my credit card instead so when it gets here it is too late. I then cook her something using it and all is well in the world. I don't doubt for a minute you would give it back but what would be left??? LOL

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol .

YO! I have one and it rocks. Check this site out for inspiration!

--Ed

Comment

Yes! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Seems like another excellent Weber accessory.

Comment

Oh jeez what is that ddddddddmn thing? Do you put it over charcoal or the food?? I will never learn how to grill anything at this rate. I spend too much time looking at all the toys on here....and enjoying the camaraderie and all the amaZing info on here. Good thing it gets dark early and the chores are done!

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                OTR check out the above links the folks have posted. It's for the charcoal, to create an indirect zone in a kettle. It has a couple different arrangements you can use to fit what you want to do. Pretty cool actually.

Thx Huskee I see now how it works and agree...cool tool. Which I may try next summer at cow camp where my kettle is instead of just shoving coals to one side.
              Meanwhile, take care and stay warm. You folks are getting hammered

Comment

It's going to be interesting to compare this with my Smokenator - the different layouts, heat projection, efficiency, etc. Owens BBQ sends them Priority Mail and expected delivery is tomorrow - yeehaw!

Comment

• Medusa
                  Medusa commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi Burn,

Purchased the V over the Smokenator because of the layout for doing wings. Don't need to flip or rotate them. Just put 'em on and let 'em cook. CooksIllustrated takes them up to 180, and boy are they melt in your mouth.

I have the Smokenator on the Xmas list as I think it would work better for a Turkey, and I want to the option to be able to cook down at the grate level, too.

Lottsa options with the V, check out the earlier links posted... Check out the ring of Kebabs!

--Ed

I remember seeing a pic of a grill on this site that was a combination of the vortex principle. I didn't mark it so I can get back to it. Does anyone else re,member seeing it? It was all black and was on a vortex type stand

Comment

Barrry, you are not talking about the 'Grilla' are you?

Click image for larger version

Name:	grillasmoker.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	33031

Comment

Yes, That's it. Who carries that thing?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here