Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frog type Cooking Mats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marauderer
    replied
    Originally posted by jragle View Post
    At first I thought you guys were talking about a mat for under the grill / smoker to protect your deck or patio. For that I use an automotive oil drip pan; works great, lasts long time, easy enough to clean, and less then $10. Clicking the links I see these mats are for the grill surface. Other than saving the morsels, or smaller pieces of whatever, from falling through what purpose do they serve?
    J, do you have a better feel for what they do now?

Leave a comment:

• Guy
    replied
    Everyone thanks for answering my question about the FrogMat. I understand now. What a great site and the pictures are great. Thanks everyone.

Guy

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    commented on 's reply
    I like this idea, I can never take my rested pork butts back out to firm up the bark because they are so tender they fall through the grates and are hard to get out. I could set it on one of these for a bit to finish up.

• fzxdoc
    replied
    I bought this one for my Pit Barrel Cooker from Kitchen and Company. It fits my PBC perfectly. Chef's Planet Grill and BBQ mat:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chef's Planet Grill and BBQ Mat.jpg
Views:	567
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	29621

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Not to mention Jalapeno Poppers...

Kathryn

• jragle
    replied
    At first I thought you guys were talking about a mat for under the grill / smoker to protect your deck or patio. For that I use an automotive oil drip pan; works great, lasts long time, easy enough to clean, and less then $10. Clicking the links I see these mats are for the grill surface. Other than saving the morsels, or smaller pieces of whatever, from falling through what purpose do they serve?

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    Originally posted by Guy View Post
    Why do you need a frogmat? When do you use it?
    Guy, we are glad you asked. I have used it when cooking fish, the nonstick small weave surface is really great for it. I will also use it when making meatloaf, meatballs, bacon, and veggies that tend to fall easily through the grates. Let your imagination run wild on what you can cook on it.

Leave a comment:

• CandySueQ
    replied
    I use them all the time at competitions in the Pellet Jambo. It evens out cooking somewhat. Main thing is you can move whatever is on it around bare handed! They clean up pretty good in the dishwasher, or soak them to loosen up the gunk and brush them off.

Leave a comment:

• Flavorsavor
    replied
    I used mine on my weber 22" when I was smoking 18 lbs of candied pecans of various flavors. It's advantages over other grill grates are that it has a coating that makes it extremely easy to clean, and it's flexible so you can curl it up when you take it off the grill to keep items inside, or curl it up while on the grill to hold together loose food, like maybe a meatloaf. The baked/smoked-on sugar and honey from the candied pecans wiped right off every time, wouldn't be even close to that easy with a metal mesh or grate.

Leave a comment:

• Guy
    replied
    Why do you need a frogmat? When do you use it?

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    I ordered it from the BBQ superstore as they had a one piece piece to fit the big grill.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    Originally posted by Ozric View Post
    I bought my Frogmats at the BBQ Super Store (http://www.thebbqsuperstore.com/Sear...arch=frog+mats).

Good prices, and a lot of different pre-cut sizes to pick from.
    Yes, I am now leaning heavily towards them. as I want the Rec Tec completely covered. 19" x 34"
    Last edited by Marauderer; November 5, 2014, 11:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ozric
    replied
    I bought my Frogmats at the BBQ Super Store (http://www.thebbqsuperstore.com/Sear...arch=frog+mats).

Good prices, and a lot of different pre-cut sizes to pick from.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    This is the one that I am thinking of getting.

Amazon says it is their best seller of all the grill mats.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    Originally posted by Henrik View Post
    I bought a Frog mat from Rectec, and I really like it. The first thing I did was cut it into a circle shape with a pair of scissors, so it would fit my grill. It is cheap, easy to clean in the dish washer. I have a stainless steel basket for smoking shrimp also, but tend to use the frog mat instead since it is so easy to "curl up" into a basket when I remove it from the grill. On the other hand, I haven't tried too many other brands either, so I'm a bit biased.
    I don't think you are to biased as I know you. You have good values and have been around long enough to know good things when you see them.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here