Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for advice!

Greetings all! As we recently purchased a decent 5 burner Nexgrill gas grill, I think it should provide us with plenty of room to experiment. While we have a few accessories, I am trying to decide what I should get next. I have been browsing some of the grill accessory kits on Amazon and I have just over $30 to spend. Quality-wise, would I be better off buying every part individually or do you all find some of the "kits" that are between 30-35 worth it? I realize that we may get duplicates on some of the accessories this way but an extra set of tongs or two may not be a big deal. Also, what storage solutions do you all use for your homemade rubs and stuff?

For instance. This is one of the sets I was looking at.

34Pcs Grill Accessories Grilling Gifts for Men, 16 Inches Heavy Duty BBQ Accessories, Stainless Steel Grill Tools with Thermometer, Grill Mats for Backyard, BBQ Gifts Set for Men Women (amazon.com)

Comment

Thermoworks thermometers! (although, wait for a sale)

A smoke tube w/pellets!

A grilling basket for veggies
      A grilling grid for fish or things you wouldn't want to have fall through the grates

We'd avoid generic kits - the quality of the items may not be on par with buying them separately

Comment

Thats what I thought. We have a couple of thermometers, but I am sure we may want a better one down the road. I did order a meat injector, a smoke box, some spice containers so I can start making some of the rubs that I see in the book (and eventually make my own), and some grilling gloves. Not sure if its all top of the line but it should get me started.

Comment

An accurate thermometer should be at the top of your list, and when you can afford it, a leave in thermometer will be a game changer. The two I linked to are not very expensive, but are top quality.

Comment

Do you have a cast iron griddle, or some sort of griddle that you can use? If not, that could be another thing you could look at getting. I enjoy using my griddle on my gasser for burgers, bacon, onions, things like that.

I’ll second a basket of some sort for veggies, I use my basket often for cut up veggies as well. It’s a wire basket, which, I don’t necessarily care for as it’s not the easies to clean sometimes, but it provides the most surface area of grilling for the veggies which is nice.

have fun shopping!

Comment

a grill cover? $25 or so at the local Sam's or Costco is worth knowing your grill will be kept pretty

an extra propane tank, because you KNOW you're going to need a spare.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here