Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ Dragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ Dragon

Amazon has the BBQ Dragon Fire & charcoal turbo blower on sale for $50 w/ free shipping. That's $10 off the regular price. http://www.bbqdragon.com/

Go to Amazon here: http://tinyurl.com/amazingribs and search BBQ Dragon to check it out.
    • Battery powered, AAs
    • Can use rechargeable batteries
    • Chargers via USB if using rechargeable batteries
    • Variable speed blower motor
    • Clamp to mount it to grill handle, lid, fire ring, table, etc
    • Adjustable neck for precise aiming and angling of airflow

I just ordered one. It will be nice when running my offset on those non-windy days when the fire just doesn't want to heat up properly, especially when I'm doing chicken and want 325. We get 5 or 6 non-windy days in MI every year, lol.

See below the picture for a link to a funny video showing some other uses for the BBQ Dragon

Funny video showing some other handy uses for the BBQ Dragon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=FfHgFPfqbnc
    Last edited by Huskee; July 15, 2014, 03:42 AM.

That's a VERY good sale. Usually they're $60 PLUS shipping. They might seem like a novelty but once you have it you'll wonder how you lived without it.

Comment

I've been known to take my wife's hairdryer out to my smoker with an extension cord. Works fine but I have to hold the thing. I thought 'how can I mount this' until I realized for crying out loud just order the golldern Dragon! To my surprise, on sale! (ordered a bright yellow Thermopop too)

Comment

I'm still on the fence... I want one but I what a new thermometer that I dont need first.. lol I also looked at the handheld FiAir 30.00 but that just seems like a PITA without the goose neck and clamp.

Comment

I'm getting married in October if my fiance doesn't wise up before hand, and this little item just went on our wedding registry..looks awesome.

Comment

I have been eyeballing this thing, but I am not sure I am ready to buy it. Would like to hear how everyone likes it.

-Jim

Comment

So with the dragon, you light the coals in the chimney first, then dump them in the grill, then hit em with the dragon for super heat? Has anybody set up a rig that will blow from the bottom of a chimney at an angle up through the lit coals for super action? I dunno I may be getting over excited..

Comment

Where this would especially come in handy is if you didn't have a chimney,or weren't using one. Chimneys tend to be self propelled
                Last edited by Huskee; July 17, 2014, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flavorsavor View Post
                  So with the dragon, you light the coals in the chimney first, then dump them in the grill, then hit em with the dragon for super heat? Has anybody set up a rig that will blow from the bottom of a chimney at an angle up through the lit coals for super action? I dunno I may be getting over excited..

I do this wearing leather work gloves. The coals get SUPER NOVA HOT

Comment

• Flavorsavor
                    Flavorsavor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Excellent....*taps fingertips together*

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi Mr Burns

Originally posted by 3DJ View Post
                  I have been eyeballing this thing, but I am not sure I am ready to buy it. Would like to hear how everyone likes it.

-Jim
                  Jim you're probably not going to hear from a lot of folks as the BBQ Dragon is a fairly new product. I own one and can say they are very well built. It really deserves the gold medal Max gave it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post
                    Jim you're probably not going to hear from a lot of folks as the BBQ Dragon is a fairly new product. I own one and can say they are very well built. It really deserves the gold medal Max gave it.
                    Thanks David. I was looking on their site. I think they could do a better job explaining it. So if I put newspaper at the bottom of my WSM, then charcoal, then clamp this to the edge, do I just light the paper and I am good to go? Am I missing something? I really don't think I want to use some starter brick or whatever they are. Thanks for any info. Jim

Comment

Thanks David. I was looking on their site. I think they could do a better job explaining it. So if I put newspaper at the bottom of my WSM, then charcoal, then clamp this to the edge, do I just light the paper and I am good to go? Am I missing something? I really don't think I want to use some starter brick or whatever they are. Thanks for any info. Jim
                      That might blow the burning paper all over. Wait until the coals get burning first and the paper's gone. Then fire it up, it will work for charcoal or log fires on the glowing embers. Even your bonfire!

Comment

• boftx
                        boftx commented
                        Editing a comment
                        What am I missing here? If the coals are already burning fast, why would you need it?

• Huskee
                        Huskee commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ever blow air on a fire? In the old days it was a bellows. Nowadays it's the Dragon. It just revs up your charcoal or wood fire by blowing air on it, and can be adjusted to any level. Great to spike up temps or hold a steady breeze if you're running, say, an offset on a still day.

• David Parrish
                        David Parrish commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Excellent comment by Huskee. Also, it's really, really good to get your coals fired up right before you get ready to sear. It will bring new life to coals, which is often needed after you've cooked steaks low and slow for 45 minutes.

You can start your charcoal with paper, a paraffin cube, a tumbleweed (google it), there are many options, etc.... Once you get them going the BBQ Dragon will get them hot MUCH faster than just letting them sit in a chimney.

Comment

Thanks guys! I usually don't mind waiting the 20 to 25 minutes for a chimney, however at 5 am getting a head start is always good. Plus I like the idea of being able to possibly applying it late in a cook if I don't think I want to add more fuel for an hour so so. I know that last part is a BIG assumption.

Comment

Thanks guys! I usually don't mind waiting the 20 to 25 minutes for a chimney, however at 5 am getting a head start is always good. Plus I like the idea of being able to possibly applying it late in a cook if I don't think I want to add more fuel for an hour so so. I know that last part is a BIG assumption.
                          Your coals will also be much hotter. Try taking your blow dryer outside and hitting your coals with it. That'll give you an idea of what the BBQ dragon will do.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here