Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning grill gloves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning grill gloves

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220626_122044.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	1242475 I have a pair of heat resistant gloves from PBC.
    how do you all clean your gloves?
    Do you clean them?
    Any reason I shouldn't clean them?

The folks at pitbarrelcooker.com say this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 10.52.59 AM.png
Views:	283
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	1242488

"Machine wash cold, lay flat to dry."

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      My gloves are not labeled the same but looks to the same build.
      Good to know.

Well, there you have it.
    thanks.
    Short thread...lol

Comment

If you don’t want to put extremely dirty/greasy gloves in you washer, I will fill a bucket with dawn soap and water and soak the gloves in that overnight, then rinse in clean water, works pretty good .

Comment

• mrteddyprincess
        mrteddyprincess commented
        Editing a comment
        I put them in the wash and don't worry about whether or not it's on "cold wash" or not.

• Jessterr
        Jessterr commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, me too, I just put them in the wash. Marshall’s Dawn method sounds good though, especially if they are pretty greased up. They are difficult to get dry ‘cause they’re so heavy, and they don’t turn completely inside-out because of the thickness. I run them in the dryer a good while then lay them out in a sunny area for a day or so.

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Dawn degreaser dish soap. Sounds like a plan.

I bought a pair of those several years ago. Perhaps I got a bad pair, I don't know, but both gloves turn "partially" inside out when I remove them. Especially the inside liner finger portion turns inside out and makes it extremely difficult to get them on again. Probably should have called PBC, but I just tossed them in the trash. And all my gloves that fit me are either size med or large, so I don't think my hands are larger than average.

As to this thread, I just tossed them into the washer with other clothes. No problem to that regard.

Comment

I thought grease build up on old gnarly pair BBQ gloves was the Badge of Honnor. Guess not.

Comment

I have a pair of those and love them!! I just throw them in the wash with my jeans and then set outside to dry.

Comment

Clean gloves? Really? I didn’t know that! Hmmm!

Comment

• bbqLuv
              bbqLuv commented
              Editing a comment
              Unused gloves are clean

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here