Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pro Pork Puller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro Pork Puller

Anybody ever tried one of these?

saw a video of one in use. 48 quart igloo half full of butts shredded in a mater of minutes

Comment

I haven't seen one, but I have tried claws. I cook my butts to 200°, and like using insulated rubber gloves. The only downside is cleaning eg gloves is a little of a hassle.

Comment

• Mosca
        Mosca commented
        Editing a comment
        I leave the gloves on, squirt some dish soap on the palms and wash them like I'm scrubbing for surgery. As long as I keep the fingers over the elbows it works well! (No water running inside.)

Yeah, I'm a Bear Claw gal when it comes to pulling pork butts--but(t), I saw this puller in action at a big party this past summer and it's the kewlest thing ever. Pop it into a drill and badda bing! the pork butt is perfectly pulled in seconds and ready to eat.

I wonder if it would fit into my electric hand mixer...

Kathryn

Comment

AHahahaha, this is one those, "what will they think of next?" type of things. Seems a little silly, but thats what I said when i first saw bear claws, now i don't pull pork with out them.

Comment

Looks cool, but I am very particular about getting rid of fat, takes me maybe 10 minutes to pull one. Doing 10 of em 24 hours from now, pulling will be the worst part.

Comment

Don't be afraid to go in barehanded. It's BBQ

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
              Looks cool, but I am very particular about getting rid of fat, takes me maybe 10 minutes to pull one. Doing 10 of em 24 hours from now, pulling will be the worst part.
              Me too regarding fat, but mainly I don't want anything that even begins to resemble that chopped to within an inch of its life Carolina style "pulled" pork. I like big chunks and think a lot of people do too, there is something about over-shredded meat that has a processed look and feel. Pulling (mostly) clean of fat is tedious but worth the time IMO. If you are doing a lot, the more tedious it gets and I can understand the desire to speed it up, I am usually doing only 4 at once

Comment

This thing looks pretty rad

Comment

hand pulled is putzy work, but i for one like the "hand made" approach over a paint mixer type device. I'm not one to shun high tech, but in this case... it's a solution for something that is not a big problem.

Comment

If you had a ton to do I think it'd be great and time-saving. If anyone has a Kitchen Aide (or other) mixer, you can use the dough hook and do this too!

Comment

I just dig in with my bare hands and a pair of bear claws

Comment

I use the heavy rubber gloves like LA Pork Butt does. I prefer that to even the bear claws, because it's easier to pull out the big pieces of fat. If I were doing lots of butts, I think this attachment would be pretty useful!

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
                          LA Pork Butt commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That's exactly why I like the gloves. It is easier to get rid of the excess fat. I'll be pulling pork tonight. I'll try your method of washing the gloves with hands outside the glove. I think that is what you intended.

• Mosca
                          Mosca commented
                          Editing a comment
                          No; I wear the gloves and wash my hands like that, using lots of dish soap and getting everything between the fingers etc. If you do get water inside, you can dry the outside with paper towels and then turn them inside out to dry the rest.

I used to work in a factory where we wore these for hours on end.

That looks pretty cool but a pair of forks work just fine for a single butt. And, it's free!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here