Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harbor Freight Welding Blanket Modifed to a Grill Pad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harbor Freight Welding Blanket Modifed to a Grill Pad

The 6' X 8' Fiberglass Welding Blanket ($27.99) on sale. Local Shoe and Tarp Co. Doubled and Edge Seamed it to 3’ X 7' overall. Not so cheap $50.00, live and learn to ask! Grill Pad 30" X 42" on top $39.99 do a total outlay just shy of $140.00 + Sales Tax! Hopefully will save the nev deck? Just passing all of this for your information in case you are trying to do something similar. I apologize for the Pic Orientation I am still in training? Dan

Looks good Dan. No mess or burn marks on the deck!

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks D.C., I hope it works that way? Dan

Good deal!

You might think about getting another to help block that ND Wind this winter

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      No wind here smarkley, My Hollering, Cussing and Fussing backs off the wind to calm! That's my story and I am sticking to it. 😇 Dan

I use the same thing to give PBC a blanket when I am doing those -15 F cooks!!!

Comment

• Locotech
      Locotech commented
      Editing a comment
      -15?...when ya get to -30 let me know...lol..hopefully won't be there for a couple months.

Mine worked awesome on my COS. In fact it works too well when smoking sausage and I am trying to keep the temp down.

Just be careful if they tear, fiber glass in food is not cool.

They seem to be a lot cleaner and neater in person than what they appear to be in the interweb pictures.

Comment

Spinaker,@Locotech & Jerod Broussard, I actually have a coarse Wool blanket I use on my COS. It came from Harbor Freight also. It works well and think would be better insulation than the Fiberglass Welding Blanket. Dan
      Last edited by Danjohnston949; October 10, 2015, 06:10 AM.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        I folded the welding blanket over on itself and I can run 350 and easily apply pressure to the blanket with my hands with no problem.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here