Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rack For Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rack For Ribs

So I had a vertical rack for ribs. Wifey did some "re-arranging" and now it cannot be found. UGH.

Searched through my orders and it appears the one I had is now unavailable. Double UGH.

I recall it was not expensive at least not the $30-$80 I see when doing a web search. It would hold 6 ribs. It came with a small silicone brush too which I still have! LOL

Anybody have any recommendations?

Was it this one? The local big box store or friendly neighborhood hardware people may have it available, if so.

The Weber Rib Rack maximizes grill capacity, holding up to five large racks of ribs upright and separating each rack to allow for even cooking.

Comment

The Weber rack works for me. I will sometimes use skewers to keep the ends from flopping over onto each other, as needed.

Comment

Is this similar?

Comment

I have the Weber. Didn't use it too much butI like it. Now with the PBJ in tow, might never get used again.

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            pbj, pbj, pbj!

Think about getting a new wife.....

Comment

• tbob4
            tbob4 commented
            Editing a comment
            Troutman, a couple of years back I bought my folks a set of GrillGrates (Father’s Day, I believe) identical to mine for their Santa Maria. Due to The C word, we weren’t allowed to visit for over a year. When the big OK came, I brought steaks and saw the old cross grates on the Q. "Where are the GrillGrates" I asked? Everyone was flummoxed. Nobody had any idea what I was talking about or what they even were. I should have known.

For the price (under $20) I think the Weber rack, which can be found at most Lowe's, Home Depot and other places that sell Weber grills, is hard to beat. It is stainless and holds 5 slabs of ribs on edge. I've used it a lot over the years on my kettle.

Comment

Originally posted by Troutman View Post
            Think about getting a new wife.....

Replacing the rack is cheaper ROFLMAO

Comment

The Weber one is what it looked like. I know when I buy another one the first will show up. No big deal.

I have the Bullseye and need something to maximize my space.

Thanks All. Merry Christmas.

Comment

I don't understand... I've never been able to get any of those commercially available 'rib racks' to work worth a damn. They'all all too short and my ribs are flopping and falling all over - or they only hold in the center.

I bought a few sets of these and a set on either end works fabulous.
                https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/variera-pot-lid-organizer-stainless-steel-70154800/

Click image for larger version

Name:	variera-pot-lid-organizer-stainless-steel__0626878_pe693056_s5.jpg?f=xl.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	1148453

Comment

• RichieB
                  RichieB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I see it's from IKEA so did you have to assemble it? 😁

• SmokingSteve
                  SmokingSteve commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have these, and they do work marvelously! You must remove the little plastic end covers from the bottom so the caps don't melt on your grill. They can be adjusted by the scissor fold action to hold up to 6 racks of ribs. Make sure you buy two, to support the racks properly. They are sold at IKEA as as pan/lid holders. I bought them in 2018, they were around $7.95 each. The ones I bought are food grade SS. (The only assembly required is the disassembly of little plastic caps on the bottom).

You might check out the BBQ Guru Rib Ring. I have one for my Grilla OG … also round and looks to be similar in size to your Bullseye.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here