Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cambro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cambro

I would like to advance my faux cambro to a real cambro or hot box. Does anyone have a recommendation? I was looking around Amazon, but there are a lot of brands and sizes. I wanted to remove the doubts and receive the advice of the grilling community.

Quick history lesson. The Campbell brothers started making food trays and warmers in the 50s. They're the original and their business name became synonymous with their product. You can check out www.cambro.com but their stuff is high end.

Comment

• Papa Bob
      Papa Bob commented
      Editing a comment
      the Campbell brothers cam bro you learn something every day thanks Huskee

Hover your cursor on my signature icon. That is the base model and it will hold 5 full packer briskets. It is a life saver when I am cooking for fundraisers and church functions.

I recommend the Winco pans.

Comment

Thanks Jerod...I thought it was easier to ask the PIT than to stay on the internet for 3 hours reading reviews and comparing brands. Plus, I was surprised there isn't a equipment review section for insulated hot boxes on AR. I saw a BBQ table with a cambro built-in and would like to duplicate the idea.

What depth pans do you recommend? I thought the 2 1/2" ones would be most universal.

Comment

I got a 6" and a 3.5" looks like. I'm sure any depth would work. I just need something on the bottom to start stacking briskets on.

Wife used one to store some beans one time.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here