Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning up one's act....um cooker pt1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bbqLuv
    replied
    Good Job, Pease come over demonstrate on my Traeger.
    I will supply the Old Crow and PBR, such a deal.

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    replied
    "I read the whole story, amazed and mesmerized, all the while thinking, This guy is great!"…….Actual review from an AR member
    Last edited by Panhead John; November 28, 2021, 02:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Caffeine88
    replied
    Pure poetry.
    And a handy tip.

Leave a comment:

• holehogg
    started a topic Cleaning up one's act....um cooker pt1

Cleaning up one's act....um cooker pt1

He lifted the lid from his kettle and checked the inside of the bowl, then flipped the lid to look at the underside. He took his cloth and wiped the inside of the lid. He repeated the wiping twice more and noted not much difference. He placed the lid on the ground and turned to stand in front of the bowl.
    After discovering the usefulness of the trowel he'd spent less time cleaning the cooking grate.
    In less than 15 minutes most of the stubborn gunk would be gone.
    He held the builders trowel in his right hand and started with his standard movements for cleaning. Placing the pointed end between 2 grate strands of the grid he tilted the trowel to the left and pushed it forward removing the unsuspecting dirt as it slid to the end of its travel.
    While the tunes of the eighties filled his ears he marvelled at his ingenuity.
    He tilted the trowel to the right while still in the same grid gap and drew it back himself. After that cycle was completed he followed the routine until all the strands were done.
    He turned the grate over and started another round of the same. With that behind him in record time he placed the long edge of the blade flat on the surface of the grate. He hummed with the music coming from the radio as he moved the trowel over the grids surface both sides, removing the last of the residue. He replaced the trowel with a scrubbing brush to deal with any other remnants hanging about.
    He then used one of the lemon halves to wipe the grate down. Stepping back he looked satisfied with the shiny cooking grate in front of him.

What a mess of words just to tell you I use a builders trowel to effectively clean my grates.
    I have a few other unwonted items that help make cleaning my cookers and equipment easier.
    Some of the paraphernalia includes:-
    Earbuds
    Toothpicks
    Paint scrapers
    Wooden skewers
    Last edited by holehogg; November 28, 2021, 12:31 PM. Reason: Cant spell

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here