Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full Disclosure: BBQ Dragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full Disclosure: BBQ Dragon

There was point yesterday that I actually said out loud, " man if I only had a BBQ Dragon right now"

just sayin

Just don't drop it on the garage floor. Thats what I did now mine doesn't work.

Comment

I'm sorry spin but that made me laugh. Not at you at all just hit me funny.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        hahaha, no worries man. I wasn't that attached to it in the first place. Sh#% happens.

So, if not BBQ Dragon, what's a better alternative? Personally, I creatively use a balloon pump (I'm an amature balloon artist), and it works great. It's just a manual effort.

Comment

Originally posted by scottranda View Post
        So, if not BBQ Dragon, what's a better alternative? Personally, I creatively use a balloon pump (I'm an amature balloon artist), and it works great. It's just a manual effort.
        Not sure, I know a lot of people like the dragon . I rarely used it. I was just hoping for more durability than that.

Comment

I got this little air pump for blowing up rubber boats... I have used that a few times, seems to work good

Comment

I love my BBQ Dragon. I highly recommend it.

Comment

I got one back in January and haven't taken it out of the box yet

Comment

30 seconds with this and your fire is going every time, cheap to keep going, take anywhere and use for all kinds of things.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	81UpN7jkbDL._SL1500_.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	113097

Comment

• jholmgren
                  jholmgren commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh yeah, that puppy will burn cream like nobody's business. Mine is a bit older, but same idea.

• _John_
                  _John_ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, great for quick hot dogs too when kids are hungry for more but burgers are on.

• Spinaker
                  Spinaker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree!! thats why I haven't missed my Dragon and didn't really care when it didn't survive the drop on the garage floor.

Originally posted by John View Post
                30 seconds with this and your fire is going every time, cheap to keep going, take anywhere and use for all kinds of things.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]n113097[/ATTACH]

+1 on this. Works like a champ.

Comment

Trust me I needed more that 30 secs with a torch. Got lots of them in my tool box. Big and small. They work GREAT! Not the same class of tool in my mind. : )

Anybody remember these from the early day of the pit: Click image for larger version

Name:	turboque-bbq-fan__42057_zoom.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	113167

I'm going to try and mod this as a DIY dragon since it dosent fit on my Spirt. Could be fun.

Last edited by Jon Solberg; September 29, 2015, 11:45 AM.

Comment

I occasionally use the Dragon with charcoal, it only takes about fifteen seconds to get it rip roaring. I use it mostly with my stickburner, blow it in the intake vent and it works magic for a good hot fire. I usually keep mine on the lowest setting and it lasts all day with good rechargeable batteries.

Comment

LOL Jon Solberg ! I was thinking just that on Sumday as I was inhaling some rough smoke to blow into the corner of the SnS on Sunday! Too funny.

But I think I like your torch idea better. I had thought about grabbing #1s hair dryer, but I'd already used it to defrost a freezer that hadn't been thawed in YEARS. I only have so much stupidity left in me.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here