Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommended logging apps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommended logging apps?

Greetings to the Pit: Looking for a good app to log my smoker cooks. Did some searching and found words referring to such things in aggregate but not much on specific apps. I've tried out the Smokin' Log app by GunnyZ BBQ, which is decent (and the author is quite responsive to questions & feedback) but lacks some features I'd really like to have, such as the ability to log more than one hunka meat's temperature at a time. To be clear, not looking to control temp, just log my cooks. And I'm an Android kinda guy.

Would be grateful for any recommendations for Android logging apps. Thanks!

Dave in Alexandria
    Last edited by DaveD; November 19, 2021, 08:16 AM.

And here I was thinkin logging naps. Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

• DaveD
      DaveD commented
      Editing a comment
      I have led a blessed and fortunate life, but one skill I do not possess is the ability to nap. Unless I am very ill I just can never manage to snooze during the day...

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      There is no need to tend to a fire on a Pellet grill. Nap Time? With wifi monitoring the cook, it is easy to do an over knight cook. But because of the wifi monitoring, I can be busy doing other things. Such as popping open a cold one, sitting back, and watching the app on my phone.

• DaveD
      DaveD commented
      Editing a comment
      The pellet smoker is indeed super easy to run! But I'm a data geek and love to have the kind of logging I would have done in lab notebooks back in the day... especially the ability to have realtime plotting of the data.

Not something look at a lot, the Fireboard logs every cook and saves it. I do take the time to label all the probes I’m using in the event that I want to go back a look at something.

Comment

The Fireboard app really impressive for logging and sharing cooks but it is basically $250.

I too would be interested in a good logging app.

Comment

Originally posted by zero_credit View Post
        The Fireboard app really impressive for logging and sharing cooks but it is basically $250.

I too would be interested in a good logging app.
        Yeah, I don't need anything that extensive or expensive, and I'm happy to manually enter the numbers from my various T probes. Just looking to have a one-stop place where all the data live.

Comment

But, but, but whatta bout the Naps?

Comment

Originally posted by FireMan View Post
            But, but, but whatta bout the Naps?
            Maybe my pathological incapacity to nap will resolve after I retire... hit me up in 2029

Comment

I use Meathead's log sheet in Excel. Printed out and filed in Journal. Click image for larger version

Name:	20211119_172331.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	1129008 Click image for larger version

Name:	20211119_172238.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	1129009

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here