Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions for a "good" bbq mist spray bottle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for a "good" bbq mist spray bottle?

I have gone through about three of the bottles from different brands... the last one being a Hudson spray bottle. Either it leaks through the handle when spraying apple cider vinegar on ribs, easily clogs, or just can't handle spraying at an angle. So has anyone found a really good one they'd like to recommend?

I’ve had the same problem over the years. I quit buying them. I found re-using Windex or other glass cleaner spray bottles to work the best……after thoroughly cleaning of course. I will occasionally fill them with hot water and spray it out several times to clean the spray tube and head of any residue from apple juice, cider vinegar, etc.
    Last edited by Panhead John; November 6, 2021, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• kill2grill
      kill2grill commented
      Editing a comment
      I've watched the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" and your approach makes absolute sense to me. LOL. That being said I am going to go fill up both of the cars with the remainder of our bottle of Windex and give this a go.

• Starsky
      Starsky commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll bet your baby backs come out squeeky clean

I'm pretty sure I had bottle from the cleaning supply section at wolly world. Pretty big bottle.

Comment

A couple of really good suggestions here:

So I got this one from Amazon (https://smile.amazon.com/MyLifeUNIT-Pressure-Sprayer-Bottle-Adjustable/dp/B07BWBFDHZ/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8): 51xAiddgaaL._AC_SL1000_.jpg On my third cook it is now leaking out from the top, it's useless. $15 wasted. I need something else to spritz with. I have used a plain water

Comment

As a cheapskate, I use these for spritzing Q, spraying disinfectant, and squirting water at the cat when he gets up on the counter. I've never had one fail, even with dilute Clorox.

Comment

Go to the dollar store, and get a few.
          try spray-on salad dressing bottle,
          I got a pump spray bottle that was made for yard work that I use only for BBQ. Due to the fact I cook for 2-3, it is kind of an overkill. But works fine, lasts a long time, won't rust, bust, or collect dust.

Comment

You need to make sure your bottle is food safe and made for vinegar or you will be eating your bottle, literally. I am pretty sure the windex and cleaning supply bottles are not.

Comment

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              I understand those concerns but the Windex and other glass cleaners are made with vinegar, so I’m assuming they would hold up just fine if using apple cider vinegar. Mine have done well over the years.

• lostclusters
              lostclusters commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes but is windex going to shoulder the expense of a food safe container for glass cleaner? Hey, it's your gut. Put in there what you like. For me I'll use use food safe.

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              People consume vinegar all the time, it’s not sulfuric acid. I’ve got a cheap spray bottle with half vinegar and half Dawn dishwashing liquid I use for cleaning in the bathroom. It’s had vinegar in it for 2 years now. Works perfectly. Vinegar is not going to dissolve or damage the spray bottle. Besides that, most people use fresh vinegar if they’re spritzing the meat anyway. I’m not gonna have apple cider vinegar sit in my spray bottle for weeks between cooks. Vinegar is cheap.
              Last edited by Panhead John; November 7, 2021, 06:29 PM.

We found a food safe oil sprayer at Bed Bath and Beyond. Works great. I was concerned about using just a cleaning spray bottle. Here's the link:

Let BedBathandBeyond.com help you discover designer brands & home goods at the lowest prices online. With free shipping on EVERYTHING*. See for yourself why shoppers love our selection & award-winning customer service.

Comment

• lostclusters
              lostclusters commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh get a food safe sprayer rated for vinegar

• IdahoJim
              IdahoJim commented
              Editing a comment
              This looks like it fills the bill. I have no experience with it. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...fkxplFiDYGnR-K

• kill2grill
              kill2grill commented
              Editing a comment
              Saw this sprayer show up on a few threads. Thinking I might give it a try after the more conventional bottles. The Windex solution still seems solid due to how long the vinegar is going to be in the bottle.

I’ve had one of the evo bottles for several years using it for oil and it always works and doesn’t leak.

haven’t tried with acids. Would be good to check for that use.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here