Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Onion and Smoking Goggles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Onion and Smoking Goggles

I am a little shocked to report this but these goggles actually work. SWMBO is usually reduced to a mess of tears while chopping half a onion is now able to chop as much onion as she wishes. They also double up as BBQ glasses to keep the smoke (and embers!) out of your eyes.

Go figure.
    Last edited by STEbbq; October 23, 2021, 05:08 PM. Reason: Googles to goggles

Googles give me giggles

Comment

You can use regular goggles, or wrap your eyes ninja turtle style with plastic wrap.

Comment

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        No regular goggles here and SWMBO tells me no go on the plastic wrap. 🤣

Comment

Thanks for the link. Now I don't have to google goggles...

Comment

And here I thought it was goin to be the three dudes to you put up for intro peeps.

Comment

whatever happened to holding a lit match in your teeth? worked for my grandma.

Comment

In the local chemical plants and refineries around here they pass these out they are Spogoggles. Most people dislike wearing them.

Comment

How come when I read smoking goggles my mind went right to this

Click image for larger version

Name:	175CC64E-C90E-4D1C-B7D7-E087F38BAB56.jpeg
Views:	271
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	1114784

Could it be because I was in a Fraternity in college?

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ahhh, My Ol Friend, Th 'Grass Mask'!

I wonder, Do they come in bifocals?

Comment

I have that same brand and style, in pink. Had them for years. They work great. I use them mostly for BBQ, to keep smoke out of my eyes and as safety glasses. Occasionally, when slicing a ton of onions, I'll put them on too.

They sort of have a superhero vibe to them.

Click image for larger version  Name:	81Dc86mBRKL._SL1500_.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.5 KB ID:	1114903

Kathryn

Comment

• MarkN
                    MarkN commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I got a pair of these from my son when he worked in the kitchen of a restaurant. They are a "manly" black with green. Work great with onions. Now I'll try them with the BBQ!

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Reckon I represent a general consensous, when I gently remind ya of yer exalted "SuperHero" Status, among us all, Milady.

• tbob4
                    tbob4 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My daughter bought me a pair some years ago. They were wonderful for the first part of the Q when the wood smoke is overpowering. Unfortunately, I required glasses a bit later and they obviously don’t fit. Side note - DO NOT wear a good pair of glasses for BBQ. The coating on the outside is toast in short order and voids a return. New house rule- new prescription - old glasses stored by BBQ.

Michael Waltrip once punched someone because of their Goggles.

Comment

Roughly ½ th price: LINK>>>

Comment

• STEbbq
                      STEbbq commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ohh prices spiked. I only paid $15 shipped.

• Mr. Bones
                      Mr. Bones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Kewl!

Here's the ones I bought for onions:

Limited-time deal: UVEX by Honeywell Stealth OTG Safety Goggles with Clear Dura-Streme Anti-Fog/Anti-Scratch Lens & Fabric Headband (S3970DF) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003U9VE94...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

I just turn on the overhead stove hood ventilation system and chop under it. The hood vents act like an industrial chemical fume hood. I’ve never had an issue with tearing from chopping onions.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here