Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Dream Kitchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Dream Kitchen

I just ordered the appliances for my Kitchen remodel.
    I have always had very nice kitchen appliances (Anyone interested in a Dacor 30 inch dual fuel range?) but I got free choice of appliances for the remodel.
    I chose Blue Star 36 inch Platinum Range top!
    Everything I have always wanted in a range top plus a bit more with the model I ordered.
    6 burners going from 130 degree simmer to 25,000 BTU.
    Griddle insert, grill insert, wok insert built right into any burner I chose to use it on.
    I chose a Zephyr 36 inch pop up ventilation system to go behind it as I want to mount it in front of a window.

I chose a Blue Star electric wall oven with French doors, and pizza/bread stone. along with a monogram 220V microwave.

My husband made the mistake of setting me free with choices and told me not to hold back so......I believe I chose wisely.

He is a Made in America fanatic so the choices were immediately approved (except for the Monogram microwave so,,,

You Go Girl.
    But in return, there is going to be, if not already, his manly outdoor Grilling-BBQing-Kitchen with all the trimmings.
    Happy for you, and him too.

Comment

• Debra
      Debra commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe this might be his conscience kicking in.
      He did well last year with his outdoor kitchen.
      A CookShack PG500 for Christmas, and a CookShack SM066 for his birthday.

awesome! Oh, and pics of the remodel!!! Especially the painful tearing apart and putting back together stages :-D

Comment

• Debra
      Debra commented
      Editing a comment
      I am going to hide at my daughters for a good part of the remodel as it includes tearing out a pantry and opening the kitchen fully into the living area. A huge island has always been my dream and it looks like it will be coming true to include a new barn door pantry that is 14' long by 8' tall. Yes I will fill it up.

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Debra my wife and I lived through a whole house remodel. In the house. It included rebuilding the staircase, taking every floor from carpet to laminate or tile, completely demo’ing the master bath and rebuilding it, all new kitchen from ground up ….. I think you have to do that or it doesn’t count! With pictures. And posts about that pain!

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, and our kitchen has the LG Studio gas slide in range … it was a trade off to gain more granite counter space. I still regret not having a 36” professional range, but I would have lost too much counter space.

You know your appliances. I don't know very many people that would buy a dual-fuel range or even know what one was. I looked at Dacor years back, but went with a Thermador.

Your going to have a lot of fun with that range. Cheers

And yes, please show us pics of the demo and remodel.

Comment

• Debra
      Debra commented
      Editing a comment
      Thermador would definitely have been my next choice. We have a local appliance dealer that had the Blue Star range in stock and he made a deal on it we couldn't pass on.
      Dual fuel is the only way to go for me.
      The Dacor has served my family well for 15 years so it was definitely a good investment. It was used hard, and still looks new.
      Last edited by Debra; October 5, 2021, 07:57 PM.

• Caffeine88
      Caffeine88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Local dealer = local support = good choice. That's another reason we went with Viking. The local guy sells and supports it, and the Blue Star guy was a 2 hr drive. But wow - BS is just gorgeous.

• TripleB
      TripleB commented
      Editing a comment
      Debra - Funny, Dacor was my second choice. Great product. I will in the future go with dual-fuel. Kitchen remodel is #3 right now on our 'to do list'. I always liked the old O'Keefe & Merritts stoves. Built like a tank and just as heavy. Put your Dacor in storage. Great post. Thanks.
      Last edited by TripleB; October 5, 2021, 09:41 PM.

Wow sounds like an amazing kitchen!

Comment

DAMN!!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

What fridge did you get? We just replaced all the appliances 4ish years ago... but the in door ice maker died the day after warranty and now the freezer icemaker is banging around. I got some new grill toys so might as well talk the wife into something nice for "her" (that I can steal most of the space in )

Comment

We just replaced the fridge about a year ago with a GE because the 5 year old Samsung would NOT make ice. We replaced the ice maker twice and tried all kinds of YouTube fixes but it just would not work. I believe Samsung has a class action lawsuit going because of the problem.
            Edited to note. My Husband wanted to replace the GE with a Blue Star fridge but...look at the price!!!!!! I just can't go there.
            Discover chef-inspired BlueStar kitchen appliances handcrafted for professional-grade results. Create a custom kitchen with BlueStar American made appliances.
            Last edited by Debra; October 5, 2021, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              We had a very similar issue with our Maytag refrigerator. I had it repaired 4 times and it never produced ice. I finally replaced it with an LG that has been flawless for 4 years now.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
              ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
              Editing a comment
              We ended up getting a GE, about 2K more than I wanted to pay for a fridge, but only model I could find with no complaints about the ice machine on a french door model

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              I’ve had two sets of Samsung washer/dryer combos, both front and top loading. Worst appliances we’ve ever had. I know others with Samsung fridge issues. I will only buy their TV’s at this point.

Blue Star dual fuel..... Wow!

We just finished a very long and painful kitchen remodel, but the results were so very worth it. Like you, I tried to shop the best US made stuff. We ended up going with the Viking 36" all gas range and hood, and my wife is pretty darn pleased with the result. I didn't get the cool wok or flat top, but the turn down range from full blast to simmer is amazing 😃😃😃! I'm sure you'll extremely pleased with the Blue Star - we looked hard at it, but I just couldn't get there on the price. (You got a good dude!) We had a Samsung fridge that served us very well for almost 13 years, but the persistent drainage block just leaked too much water on my wood floor to keep. Although not US made (but not China 😁), we went with a 36" counter depth Beko with French doors and a flex compartment on the recommendation of the local appliance guys. So far, so good.

What did you choose for countertops? My wife had a very nice polished white granite picked out, along with about a 12" square sample. I did some stain testing on it, and found that coffee, red wine, lemon juice, and and tomato sauce didn't do much to it in a 12 hour test. Olive oil, though, marked it a little in 30 minutes. There was an unfortunate incident involving a finished brisket, a faux cambro, and my need for a heat absorbing item that we shall discuss no further, but let's just say that I didn't know you could get brisket juice/grease clear through a 1.25" piece of polished granite. She decided to go with Black Satin granite with a soft (not gloss) finish on it the next day, for some reason. We are verrrrry pleased with the result, but the matte finish is a lot more prone to marks from high acid citrus like lemon or lime juice.

Good luck, and do post some pix!
            Last edited by Caffeine88; October 5, 2021, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• Caffeine88
              Caffeine88 commented
              Editing a comment
              I didn't appreciate the durability of Corian until it was gone, but I'm still glad it's gone!

I've become very diligent with cutting boards and cleanup. The black granite doesn't seem to stain, but acid... Ouch. I still love it, though!

• Draznnl
              Draznnl commented
              Editing a comment
              My problem with granite is that any type of grease or fat will eat away at it almost immediately. That's why we went with quartz when we built our new kitchen about three years ago.

• Debra
              Debra commented
              Editing a comment
              And I hope I used the correct terminology calling the Blue Star a dual fuel. I am installing an electric stove built into the wall and a gas cook top built onto the counter top. I'm not sure cook top and oven being separated still counts as dual fuel?

Very nice set up, can't wait for pictures.

Comment

• Debra
              Debra commented
              Editing a comment
              If the builder stays true to promise it will be finished right after the New Year. I will post if it all turns out like I hope.

Hmmm, is something going on here I ask? Pray tell, I look over here, I look over there, I will keep searching.

Comment

Debra, just to give you some sense ….. we have custom built cabinets, granite counter tops, and all LG Studio appliances …. Originally this kitchen had standard particle board cabinets, bare minimum GE appliances, and laminate countertops …. The greatest thing from my perspective is the natural granite ….. these are 10 years old with no chips, scratches, or other damage.

Between us, my wife and I cook here daily. The counters have stood up to that and look as good as the day they were installed.

I think you can’t go wrong with the granite choice.

Can’t wait to see your pictures …..your remodel sounds epic. Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.07 MB ID:	1105760
              Last edited by ecowper; October 5, 2021, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• ecowper
                ecowper commented
                Editing a comment
                You're going to have a great outcome that will make all the pain of living in a kitchen being remodeled worth it.

• Debra
                Debra commented
                Editing a comment
                I added to the pain and going to do 3 bedrooms, hallway, 2 baths which will get the full treatment of vanities, sinks, tubs etc.
                New floors, all new trim and paint, and add an electric fireplace.
                He did make the offer so I plan on going for it.
                I believe all else will go very well but worry about the kitchen remodel most of all because of the pantry tear out to open the kitchen to the living room. If it looks like I believe it will it will be a wish come true.

• Old Glory
                Old Glory commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice kitchen!

You had me with WOK!

Comment

• Debra
                Debra commented
                Editing a comment
                I am so anxious to try the wok. I am already looking at The WOK Shop online shop at a carbon steel wok that looks like it will fit the bill.

Originally posted by Debra View Post
              I just ordered the appliances for my Kitchen remodel.
              I have always had very nice kitchen appliances (Anyone interested in a Dacor 30 inch dual fuel range?) but I got free choice of appliances for the remodel.
              I chose Blue Star 36 inch Platinum Range top!
              Everything I have always wanted in a range top plus a bit more with the model I ordered.
              6 burners going from 130 degree simmer to 25,000 BTU.
              Griddle insert, grill insert, wok insert built right into any burner I chose to use it on.
              I chose a Zephyr 36 inch pop up ventilation system to go behind it as I want to mount it in front of a window.

I chose a Blue Star electric wall oven with French doors, and pizza/bread stone. along with a monogram 220V microwave.

My husband made the mistake of setting me free with choices and told me not to hold back so......I believe I chose wisely.

He is a Made in America fanatic so the choices were immediately approved (except for the Monogram microwave so,,,
              Wow. Sounds amazing! Funny you should ask if anyone is interested... I have been looking at my cooktop for a long time - we want to switch from electric to gas. And it's a 30". AND we're gong to be in KCMO in 2 weeks!!! How soon are you looking? Probably not that soon, but... alas, I need a cooktop, not a range. How sad.

You are a lucky gal, I am happy for you. Sure would be nice, you've earned it.

Comment

• Debra
                Debra commented
                Editing a comment
                2 weeks will be a little soon to sell the Decor but IF you are interested we can stay in contact.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here