Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ Gloves Recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ Gloves Recommendation?

My leather BBQ gloves are getting a bit beat up.

What do you recommend?

I have a pair of Grill Armor gloves. They really can handle picking up briquettes and lump charcoal. They replaced a pair of Grill Beast gloves, which were also very good. I used those Grill Beast gloves until I had finally worn holes in them!

On the exterior, the Grill Beast heat resistant BBQ and grilling cooking gloves are constructed of a thick fabric layer of 1313 Aramid (a Kevlar fiber) covered with a design of silicone patches, and on the inside they are lined with polyester and cotton. The manufacturer claims that they are heat safe to 662 degrees F.

and

Among the fabric gloves we tested, Grill Armor gloves came out on top. The outer layer is insulated with M-ARAMID & P-ARAMID fabric (the same as DuPont Nomex & Kevlar) and the manufacturer claims the gloves “Will Not Catch Fire Or Melt When Exposed To An Open Flame.” They have a lifetime replacement warranty.

I think they are both great and you wouldn't go wrong with either.

Comment

Alphonse I bought some nice gloves from SnS grills. About $20, I think. Check online.

Comment

I use some welding gloves which work great! Only thing is you can't let them get wet. At least that's the case with mine.

Comment

gloves - Pitmaster Club (amazingribs.com)

Comment

I bought a pair of Ironcat welding gloves from Home Depot they were $14. It looks like they are currently Out of stock.

Comment

Seems like these are spotlighted every day, and Meathead’s reviewer gave them 5 stars: https://amazingribs.com/ratings-revi...tance/gf-8115/ .
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Sid P; September 20, 2021, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• STEbbq
                STEbbq commented
                Editing a comment
                I have used these gloves for 7 years and they are my favorite !

I've had a pair of these for about 3 years and they just need a machine washing every now and again. The wife is always stealing them for use in the house oven. I actually could use another pair. Made by Barbestar on Amazon;

Click image for larger version

Name:	barbestar.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	1097500

When removing hot food however, I usually just wear some nitrile gloves over the cotton heat resistive ones. The gloves above get too nasty if you constantly touch food.

Name:	cotton gloves.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	1097501

Comment

I like the Harbor Freight welding gloves for $22.

Name:	63487_I.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	1097511

Amazing deals on this Mig Welding Gloves, Large at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices.

Comment

• bbqLuv
                  bbqLuv commented
                  Editing a comment
                  May have to check them out.

• Attjack
                  Attjack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I also have a pair of their cheaper welding gloves which run $5.99. I definitely recommend spending the extra $16.

These are excellent https://h2qshop.com/collections/bbq-...t-grill-gloves

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here