Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I found a Vitamix 5000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found a Vitamix 5000

On my morning walk, I found a Vitamix 5000 someone had set out for free so I snatched it up. Upon inspection, the wet vessel is cracked and leaks but the motor seems fine. So I ordered a new vessel and the proprietary wrench to remove the blade assembly. Hopefully, that is all I need to get it rebuilt and working. Does anyone have any experience replacing the vessel for their Vitamix?
    Last edited by Attjack; September 13, 2021, 02:14 PM.

Score one for the Home Team Attjack !

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      It sure looks that way. If I'm right, I'll have a working Vitamix for $50. If I'm wrong the away team just scored 50 points on me. But you gotta play to win.

I bought a refurbished one back in April for 40% of the retail price. It looked brand new when I unboxed it. It’s absolutely the best blender I have ever owned or used. You lucked into that.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Let's hope so!

We have a Vitamix and we like it, we were at Cleveland home and garden show maybe 15 years ago and my wife and I had been walking for hours, we came upon the Vidamix booth and they had lots of chairs so we sat down at the back and after seeing the results we bought one it was $400.00 so it is worth the $50.00 you have spent. I used it yesterday to finish my fermented hot sauce.

Comment

• Michael_in_TX
      Michael_in_TX commented
      Editing a comment
      From just the few hot sauces I have made, I can really see what a quality blender can do. It's amazing the difference in results I get verses what I see on Youtube with Vitamixes, Ninjas, etc.

• Argoboy
      Argoboy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes power and speed get the job done every time. Make sure you put the lid on when you use it on high.

Thanks to 1 day shipping the suspense for me is over. Replacement was easy and I'm now the owner of a $50 Vitamix.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FnpNE1QPjlbjbV7XDifSQ5zSwl4JOaeFMqMNkNKT0GPAIig-4vBX4Z-IPglfVSH_Ztr-8EiMfA0_h7iH53aNiUZ3WNQqYidxDLjYTtp34aETMSz3GXJ6zgpMLoyRhO93TO5Y7V-aTyqGszGXzX2P2Kq7cErs6dbxqPUdj7rORH59-3_72Qz9Jakk9kiPSy80uffdAyYOVX829nXo50v-axpJPwgm4ZZRw5pjernDb1rEZcVQatlFtEuE85O1Jli
Views:	132
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	1094392

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      The fact that I had to buy a new vessel is actually a positive since I now have a clean and pristine vessel. I probably should have made my own wrench from scrap plywood but c'est la vie.

• Dan Deter
      Dan Deter commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here