Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fire Management Basket for COS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire Management Basket for COS

I've been wanting to do something like this for a long time, and finally got around to it. It was pretty easy to do if you've got a welder and something to cut the metal with. I just used ¾x¾xâ…› angle iron and 13 ga ½" expanded metal. The bottom is loose laid so it can be replaced if it ever needs to be (I got that idea from LSG!). I know it looks small, but it can handle up to about an 11" split and I am burning only about 8" splits like the ones in the last picture. I'm quite happy with the way it turned out. I can hardly wait to try it out, but I'll have to since we are going away this week.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210913_174704579-01_copy_2322x1792.jpeg
Views:	193
Size:	211.2 KB
ID:	1093702 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210913_174711609-01_copy_1321x1352.jpeg
Views:	171
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	1093703 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210913_174834315-01_copy_1842x1366.jpeg
Views:	175
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	1093704 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210913_175954449-01_copy_1582x1210.jpeg
Views:	170
Size:	190.6 KB
ID:	1093705

Nicely done! Better than my fold up one.

Comment

I love home made improvements.

Comment

Nice fabrication!

Comment

Originally posted by mrteddyprincess View Post
          Nice fabrication!
          Thanks! My welds are butt ugly but they work. At least for this low impact application.

Comment

• North Carolina Mike
            North Carolina Mike commented
            Editing a comment
            My welds were always so ugly that I would never claim to be a welder just a "sticker together of things". If it holds that's what counts.

• Dewesq55
            Dewesq55 commented
            Editing a comment
            North Carolina Mike - 100% agree!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here