Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grill Mats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grill Mats

I just about broke my back over the holiday weekend laying a new paver patio. It was on the wife's to do's for at least a year or so. I would hate to start staining it up with my "sloppiness." I didn't realize I was sloppy until it was kindly pointed out during the demo of our old patio. I guess I've been known to have some ash and charcoal dust collect when working with the PBC and a few grease stains when cleaning the Genesis. Anyone using a pad or mat they like? I think I am going to add an outdoor trash can to the mix, but definitely could use some ideas in this area. Thanks in advance.

Daniel

Having Laid Pavers before for myself and commercially I feel your Pain. Having just having a new Cedar Deck built and a Wife I have owned for 42 years I am going to follow your post carefully. I need to know, Dan

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      It's the other way around Dan. She owns you.

We used a section of steel before they roll it for roofing/siding. Lots of color options that way. Little slippery when wet though.

Comment

I like the metal sheet idea, my only concern would be how hot it may get during the summer as I live in Southern CA. I did see Meathead has the original grill mat as one of the accessories that gets good reviews. It looks like it comes in a few different colors.

Daniel

Comment

Is there a sealer that could be put on the pavers' in the area of your cookers? That would not let the grease penetrate the porosity of the pavers' and make it easier to clean.

Comment

I use this on a wood deck. No stains yet. http://www.amazon.com/The-Original-Grill-Pad-Rectangle/dp/B003KAPI5O

Comment

Picked one of these up at Walmart for 14 bucks. http://www.lowes.com/pd_140235-18889...7&kpid=3092427

Comment

What about bed liner? It comes in just about every color under the rainbow, and it's not slippery.

Comment

has anyone used cement board under their grill/smoker on wooden decks?

Comment

• RonB
                RonB commented
                Editing a comment
                I use ceramic tiles under mine. They can take the heat from a hot coal or two, but will crack if there is a small pile of hot coals. If you are worried about stains, put a layer of clear plastic under the tiles and trim to size after the tiles are laid in place. And buy a few extra because they do crack if you drop anything hard on them. Don't ask me how I know...

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here