Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrading My BBQ Cart / Utility Cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading My BBQ Cart / Utility Cart

So my cheap ass bought one of these a while back to carry my BBQ gear in and out of the garage. Worked great for a few months then all of the wheels broke off. But it was super handy to move all my stuff and keep it from getting covered in grease and smokey film.

Just bought this which I think with some screws to hold the shelves together will work better.

LUXOR EC111-B Tub Storage Cart 3 Shelves - Black,32" x 18" https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00FJUZY...321CA525G5PCNF

I am not sure if this is a learn from my stupid mistake post or if I am repeating the error. Oh well. Feedback welcome.

It’s pretty durable. I’ve had one loaded with car care liquids on all shelves for about four years. Careful if you have to lift it because it will want to come apart.

Comment

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, that is why I am buying the screws to hold them together. 12 #6 or #8 1/2 inch self tapping sheet metal screws per the reviews
      Last edited by STEbbq; August 23, 2021, 09:00 PM.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Silly Wabbits! Why on Earth would ya ever wanna lift it???

Yup, the first one was a stupid cheap a%# mistake. You shoulda saw that one comin by what Wally’s showed ya. The second one will make ya feel like this is what ya shoulda done in the first place. It’s OK, just a little more expensive. 🕶

Comment

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      Sometimes I am just not sure about how valuable something will be so I go with the if I use it enough to break it then I’ll invest into a good upgrade. But…looking back at this one…ouch.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      first ones made to put in th spare bedroom, with some clothes ya almost never wear, but love too much to take to Goodwill... wheels are to allow ya to gingerly move it a wee bit, to vacuum, an such...
      Not so much an Industrial Cart, nossir LOL

Looks like a BIG Upgrade from Th Sterilite Shitebox....

Comment

Much improved!

Attached Files

Comment

The second one should be a significant improvement!

Comment

We have a similar one at work. Got lots of miles on it.

Comment

My poor cart is currently buried, but changes are takin place...
            Think (iirc) it;s a Rubbermaid; got fer $5 offa State Surplus, right next to where I report fer work...
            Have had a whole lotta weight on it, rolls smooth, like buttah
            Poor pics...my cellphone camera had been imbibin...)

Probly gots 150~200 pounds of stuff on it, currently...
            know fer a fact likely 80 lbs of Fruita Chunks...
            Click image for larger version

Name:	20210828_165648 (Custom).jpg
Views:	176
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	1084602

Name:	20210828_165656 (Custom).jpg
Views:	172
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	1084603

Comment

• STEbbq
              STEbbq commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks good! I definitely think this one will handle the garage much better. Live and learn.

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              STEbbq I am hopin to do both, fer a considerable span of time!

Those carts are pretty durable. Back when I was working, they were the standard carts in the warehouses. Lasted a long while.

Comment

My first BBQ kart was plastic and yes the wheels came off.

Name:	IMG_0347.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	1085018

Today I got to use my new BBQ kart. The wheels will not be coming off this one.

Name:	20210829_133051_001.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	1085019

Comment

Name:	A68F8009-0A43-4447-ABCA-F87D9410EB44.jpeg
Views:	129
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	1085024Click image for larger version

Name:	353A9297-D7DD-4EA9-80C1-0F592E1E230C.jpeg
Views:	135
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	1085023 I got this one a few months ago. Really solid and has worked out well for me.

Comment

I got this from M Grills.

Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here