Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A gimmicky fly-control gadget...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A gimmicky fly-control gadget...

that actually works? Sure seems too. Saw this on a Sam the Cooking Guy video a couple weeks back, and since this summer has been particularly bad for flies I decided to get a couple, despite being pretty cynical about gimmicky things like this.

It actually bloody well seems to work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5781 (1).jpg
Views:	235
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	1076624

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5779.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	1076625

It's not perfect, the flies actually seem to go for the strings and get knocked ass over teakettle, so you could potentially end up with stunned flies on your food, but I figure with a couple of these and some fly screens I should be in good shape.

Anyway, I'm cautiously optimistic and I think it'll actually help, so If you want one you can get it here.

I grabbed a couple of a similar product (called no fly pro). It 100% works.

Comment

I like the salt gun, or the electric zappy swatter. Not work on Mrs. Calhoun's back side...just gotta run real fast afterwards.

Comment

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Now that sounds like fun.
        Stop it some more, stop it some more!

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I got in trouble after hitting one of my son in laws in the face with a blast of salt, and it getting in his eyes...

How big of an area does this thing keep clear of flies?

Comment

• smokenoob
        smokenoob commented
        Editing a comment
        yes, inquiring minds want to know

• mnavarre
        mnavarre commented
        Editing a comment
        It's a 24" radius when it's spun up but it seems to deter the flies a bit beyond that.

jfmorris ya shot young Rocky in the eye, he didn’t like that?
      Nuthin like stunned flies in yer food, sorta like pepper. Adds to the color balance.

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Its all protein!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here